How to remove this tooltip?

How to remove this tooltip?

RobinHood

Local time
14:09

I don't really know js at all, and I can't figure out how to get ride of this weird looking tooltip.

Can anyone please advise?

It's from the tag cloud on this page Sax at Seventy - Sax Bandits

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Not sure where it's coming from in the JavaScript (and wouldn't be worth editing a plugin files anyway as will just be overwritten on the next update).

You can hide this pretty easily with the following CSS:

Code:
// Hide tag cloud tooltip
#tiptip_holder.tip_bottom { display: none !important; }
Just stick that anywhere in your CSS.

Since you're using WordPress you can go to Appearance -> Customise -> Additional CSS in the admin.

Hope that helps! :)

PS. Nice looking site! Digging the blue and yellow. Was using something similar in recent project of mine.

Last edited:

James

A Verified Legend
Gold Member
Local time

Hi Robin

Try Single.php if you’re experienced you should be able to find the code which is firing this. Comment out accordingly. If you’re still struggling drop me a message and I’ll action this for you.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
15:09
Pronouns
he/him

Not sure where it's coming from in the JavaScript (and wouldn't be worth editing a plugin files anyway as will just be overwritten on the next update).

Code:

Since you're using WordPress you can go to Appearance -> Customise -> Additional CSS in the admin.

PS. Nice looking site! Digging the blue and yellow. Was using something similar in recent project of mine.

Naaah, use the CSS empty selector to hide all empty tooltips :empty
Or was the request to get rid of the tooltips at all? Independent of the content?

RobinHood

Local time

Code:

That worked perfectly! I think I just had a bit of a brain fart. I was looking for ages for the div so I could make some css to hide it and couldn't find it, but because I was working in such a small inspector pain I didn't see the tiptip_holder at the bottom of the page. Quite annoying as I spent ages digging into the jquery files trying to disable the tiptip js files to no avail 🙈

Naaah, use the CSS empty selector to hide all empty tooltips :empty
Or was the request to get rid of the tooltips at all? Independent of the content?

I don't think the tooltip is used anywhere else, so I'm happy to just be shot of it for now!

Last edited:

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

That worked perfectly! I think I just had a bit of a brain fart. I was looking for ages for the div so I could make some css to hide it and couldn't find it, but because I was working in such a small inspector pain I didn't see the tiptip_holder at the bottom of the page. Quite annoying as I spent ages digging into the jquery files trying to disable the tiptip js files to no avail 🙈

I don't think the tooltip is used anywhere else, so I'm happy to just be shot of it for now!

No problem! Must say it took me a little to find it as well it was in a weird place. If you wanted to only hide empty ones you can do as @Gummibeer says and put :empty after the class selector in the CSS. 🙂