How do you get to know new people in real world

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
20:07
Pronouns
he/him

Hey all,

I just discovered that it's super hard to meet new people not related to you already via work or friends/family.

Even if you get brave enough to ignore your own introvert and talk to someone random in train, park or anywhere - in best case you get no response in worst you get accused of being a sex offender, gay or similar - independent of gender.

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
19:07
Pronouns
he/him

So challenging! Particularly at present where meetups are not as possible. I think this is a very common issue. I think a hobby club or sports team is the best way where you can bond over a shared interest or activity. Something like board games, archery, bowling, art, swimming/gym, part-time courses, walking/hiking, etc. all tend to have adult clubs with low barriers to entry.

Last edited:

robcsaszar

Gold Member
Local time
21:07
Pronouns
he

My girlfriend and I started frequenting a bar where they hosted weekly quizzes and that's how we met a ton of new people, while having fun and drinking, as well.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
20:07
Pronouns
he/him

My girlfriend and I started frequenting a bar where they hosted weekly quizzes and that's how we met a ton of new people, while having fun and drinking, as well.
Sounds good, drinking isn't for me/us but having fun and quizzes definitely! Will check if something like this happens here - possibly after Corona. 🤔