Webwide is the inclusive forum community for web designers, developers & makers.

Whether you're an enthusiast, in training, or a seasoned pro – you'll fit right in at Webwide. We understand that our community is one of creation which is why we, unlike many other discussion forums, encourage sharing of your own projects and content. Creating a forum account is fast, easy and completely free so you can start participating right away.

Read our Code of Conduct

Free Forum Membership Benefits

• Participate in hundreds of interesting discussions
  • Network with industry peers and make new connections
  • Show off your own projects and relevant content
  • Get help and feedback for your coding and designs
  • Buy and sell services and resources in the marketplace
  • Participate in our friendly community challenges
  • Earn trophies and work your way up our leaderboards
  • Enjoy exclusive Webwide member discounts and offers
  • ...and so much more!

How do you get to know new people in real world

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 10:10
Website
gummibeer.de
Credits
Real Name
Tom Witkowski
Hey all,

I just discovered that it's super hard to meet new people not related to you already via work or friends/family.

Even if you get brave enough to ignore your own introvert and talk to someone random in train, park or anywhere - in best case you get no response in worst you get accused of being a sex offender, gay or similar - independent of gender.

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 09:10
Credits
Pronouns
he/him
So challenging! Particularly at present where meetups are not as possible. I think this is a very common issue. I think a hobby club or sports team is the best way where you can bond over a shared interest or activity. Something like board games, archery, bowling, art, swimming/gym, part-time courses, walking/hiking, etc. all tend to have adult clubs with low barriers to entry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gummibeer

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 10:10
Website
gummibeer.de
Credits
Real Name
Tom Witkowski
My girlfriend and I started frequenting a bar where they hosted weekly quizzes and that's how we met a ton of new people, while having fun and drinking, as well.
Sounds good, drinking isn't for me/us but having fun and quizzes definitely! Will check if something like this happens here - possibly after Corona. 🤔