VickiLanger

Asks "why?" too much
Gold Member
Local time
12:47
Pronouns
she/her

👋 Hi!

I'm Vicki. My background is in business and operations management. Owning my own business has always been my plan. I ended up having an issue when doing that, so I moved on to another business idea. So, here I am, building Statalog (link totally doesn't work) because I needed it. This is what got me into coding and development. I'm not proficient or efficient in any language, but I've been practicing my Python skills for a few months.

Last edited:

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
17:47
Pronouns
he/him

Welcome Vicki! Thrilled to be joining you on your business building journey. Definitely keep us updated and feel free to ask for help or advice whenever you'd like it.

I'd love to find out more about Statalog! Is the URL supposed to 404 at the moment?

Last edited:

VickiLanger

Asks "why?" too much
Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
she/her

Welcome Vicki! Thrilled to be joining you on your business building journey. Definitely keep us updated and feel free to ask for help or advice whenever you'd like it.

I'd love to find out more about Statalog! Is the URL supposed to 404 at the moment?

Um yeah, I meant to say the site it's totally not up right now. I think I left it that way because I was frustrated learning yet another new thing. I really need to fix that.

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
17:47
Pronouns
he/him

Um yeah, I meant to say the site it's totally not up right now. I think I left it that way because I was frustrated learning yet another new thing. I really need to fix that.
No worries, just checking. 😄 As I say we got a massively diverse bunch on here with all sorts of different technical know-how so any way we can help just let us know. Likewise I am sure you have some very valuable experience to share if you feel so inclined!

Last edited:

Robin

Local time
18:47

Welcome Vicki!

How did you go about learning Python?

Last edited:

VickiLanger

Asks "why?" too much
Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
she/her

Welcome Vicki!

How did you go about learning Python?

I'm still learning and practicing the basics, but I've just used a bunch of different tutorials. When that wasn't really working for me, I bought a python basics book. That really really helped because it went over the basics of programming and explained things pretty well. Right now, I'm taking an Intro to Python course at a local college and working through HackerRank.