Hi, I’m Chris 👋

Hi, I’m Chris 👋

chrismroberts

Local time
02:28

Hi, my names Chris. I’m a developer based in the UK, up in the rather nice city of York.

I’m traditionally a .NET developer, but do a lot more web work now, mostly NodeJS/Vue. when I go mobile I love Xamarin

I’m looking forward to seeing this little community grow, I’ve always thought forums were a great communication method that seems to have fallen by the wayside. So much easier to engage on a forum than on social media!

look forward to chatting to you all!

adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Hi Chris, thanks so much! I am so glad there are other people out there with a love of forums. The other options in this space are so neglected. I think we're seeing a shift in the web. Lots of people are moving to their own blogs predominantly and I think more break-out communities are going to be part of that!

chrismroberts

Local time

It feels like with social media, unless you’ve got a huge following, it’s almost impossible to get any real engagement. The only forum-like community other than that is StackOverflow, which can be very adversarial. I miss the banter and good natured chats on forums 🙂