Hi from Spain!

Hi from Spain!

carlosrovira

Local time
08:42

Hi, I'm Carlos Rovira,

working for the web from 1999 :)
Now part of the new front-end technology team called Apache Royale.
Glad to join you all! :)

Carlos

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Community Team
Local time

Hello Carlos and welcome to webwide! 😊
Sounds great, mind to share some more information about Apache Royale?

carlosrovira

Local time

Hello Carlos and welcome to webwide! 😊
Sounds great, mind to share some more information about Apache Royale?

Hi Tom! Yeah! :)

We're a team working for some years now to make Apache Royale a real solution. We're happy to get the framework very usable right now and growing each day. We invite you all to start trying it. As an Apache project is Open Source and ALv2 license behind. No big corporations behind it that could make it change from one day to other.

Apache Royale is modeled behind the successful Apache Flex framework. We use MXML for declarative language and AS3 as the main programming language making OOP first and a pleasure to work with.

Royale is done to maintain your source code and avoid trends. Since the compiler outputs code to different platoforms. Today targets are HTML/JS/CSS and SWF too. People are starting discussion about a new WASM target.

As well all code is very "atomic" since we design with composition over inheritance. We have new concepts like Strands and Beads and PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go) that implements that composition concepts.

You can read more in out website: apache royale

Check as well and example+code here: https://royale.apache.org/tourdejewel/

Thanks! :)

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Community Team
Local time

Apache Royale is modeled behind the successful Apache Flex framework.

I just had to look this up. I've been working with Adobe Flex and Adobe Air at my first job. I pretty much enjoyed it as it was easy to work with. Having a background in Macromedia/Adobe Flash an AS has been a good benefit for Adobe Flex.
Great to have you on board!

carlosrovira

Local time

I just had to look this up. I've been working with Adobe Flex and Adobe Air at my first job. I pretty much enjoyed it as it was easy to work with. Having a background in Macromedia/Adobe Flash an AS has been a good benefit for Adobe Flex.
Great to have you on board!

Great you have the time to take a look Tom. I think Royale can be at some point a game changer. Hope people start trying it and sharing what they think about it :)

Thanks! :)