Hi from Austria

Hi from Austria

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Community Team
Local time
02:21

Hello!

My name is Tom and I‘m a web developer from Austria.
I love working with PHP (especially Laravel at the moment), Javascript (vuejs and nuxtjs) and the server systems and infrastructure to run those things.

I‘m looking forward to a great time here.

Best wishes
Tom

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
01:21
Pronouns
he/him

Welcome Tom! We have quite a few PHP developers here. @Gummibeer just released a cool Laravel package I'm sure he'll tell you all about. Looking forward to hearing more from you. 😄

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

He has stolen my name! 😲🙈
I'm really proud to being able to say it: but if you work with Laravel it's nearly impossible to work without packages I've contributed to or even maintain. 🤓💙
I'm talking about Websites & webapplications in Laravel 😅😂🤣

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Community Team
Local time

Welcome Tom! We have quite a few PHP developers here.
Thank you very much! 😊 That sounds great.

Looking forward to hearing more from you. 😄
Thanks, I‘ll do my best to be of value.

He has stolen my name! 😲🙈
Ooops... I just tried the name while going through the registration process and, to my surprise, it was still available 😁

I'm really proud to being able to say it: but if you work with Laravel it's nearly impossible to work without packages I've contributed to or even maintain. 🤓💙
I'm talking about Websites & webapplications in Laravel 😅😂🤣
Yeah it‘s impossible to not know spatie as a Laravel developer. Your packages already helped me out a few times. I like the way your code looks and how it works.

I‘m not doing package development anymore as I can‘t cope with the stress and fear of „someone‘s faster than you and has more time than you to create this package so why even bother. And don‘t try to announce your idea publicly before you‘ve done the package as someone will take it and release it as their idea with your featureset.“.

I‘m now more into building my own products which include multiple packages done for specific use cases that aren‘t open sourced due to this. It‘s sad, but I‘ve been pushed in this direction and it is keeping me happy and sane.

Thank you all for this warm welcome! ☺️

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

It was just fun. 😉 I was the first member so I have the name I wanted. 😅
So we have only the first/real name in common.

Happy to hear! 😊 Developing own is really hard. But there are tons of packages with open issues to solve. So if you are still interested, and if it's an hour per week/month or less, you can help existing packages and contribute.
Some have small and we'll defined tasks and some others kind of "rewrite the whole package" ones. So there should be something for everyone. 😉

An idea for you: if there isn't an NDA that prevents you from publishing - do it. Even if no one uses them it's a great thing during job interviews. I haven't done a development task during interviews since I help spatie.^^

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Community Team
Local time

Sorry for the full quote... 😅

It was just fun. 😉 I was the first member so I have the name I wanted. 😅
So we have only the first/real name in common.

Don't worry haha 😄 It's always nice to meet other people with the same first name working in the same industry. 😊 And I'm excited that my name was available, so I'm pretty happy right now because of this 🥳

Happy to hear! 😊 Developing own is really hard. But there are tons of packages with open issues to solve. So if you are still interested, and if it's an hour per week/month or less, you can help existing packages and contribute.
Some have small and we'll defined tasks and some others kind of "rewrite the whole package" ones. So there should be something for everyone. 😉

Yeah, you're absolutely right. I'm more of the "creator" type of developer. I love creating things and projects. I'm a bug and error solver too, but supporting packages that I have not created myself needs quite some time to get into at first and then keep up with the latest changes. There's a little bit of time missing to do this right now, but I'm trying to get back into it as soon as possible again. 🙃

An idea for you: if there isn't an NDA that prevents you from publishing - do it. Even if no one uses them it's a great thing during job interviews. I haven't done a development task during interviews since I help spatie.^^

The NDA is mostly the problem. I've currently got 3 packages that I'd love to open source, but the NDA forbids this as I'm working with other people on this projects and the company behind this doesn't want to make the work publicly available.
BUT there will be other packages that I can open source as soon as I've done them, I'm sure. And if it's not for/from these projects, it will be from my personal projects.

Michael

😎
Local time
01:21

Welcome!

Congrats on getting the username you wanted too!

Last edited: