Hi everyone!

Hi everyone!

mishaor

Local time
05:56

My name is Michael. I'm a developer. I know a bunch of things pretty well: HTML, CSS, vanilla JavaScript, Node.js, (a significant bit of) React, (a bit of) Svelte, (a bit of) Golang, and (a bit of) Python. I've also had experience with Vue.js (developed a really dumb web application in it) and Java (developing plugins for Spigot, a popular Minecraft server implementation).

VickiLanger

Asks "why?" too much
Gold Member
Local time
22:56
Pronouns
she/her

Welcome!
I'll bite. What is this "really dumb web application" you built with Vue?

mishaor

Local time
05:56

Consider that two bites - I'm curious now!

Also, welcome!

Welcome!
I'll bite. What is this "really dumb web application" you built with Vue?
It's called Thrghtr (and the name is a mistake - it's supposed to be "thgthr" (as in "thought")). It's a barebones Node.js + Socket.io + Express (I used it because socket.io's tutorial used it) + Vue.js application. The frontend is literally just one HTML file. And, while it claims to be a Twitter clone, it's totally not. It's just me following Socket.io's tutorial on making a Socket.io application, except for the frontend part. The application is here: thrghtr.now.sh.

Last edited:

VickiLanger

Asks "why?" too much
Gold Member
Local time
22:56
Pronouns
she/her

It's called Thrghtr (and the name is a mistake - it's supposed to be "thgthr" (as in "thought")). It's a barebones Node.js + Socket.io + Express (I used it because socket.io's tutorial used it) + Vue.js application. The frontend is literally just one HTML file. And, while it claims to be a Twitter clone, it's totally not. It's just me following Socket.io's tutorial on making a Socket.io application, except for the frontend part. The application is here: thrghtr.now.sh.

It works and it's cute. Following tutorials is a great way to learn. I enjoyed the comments in your code. 👍 A+