Hey, I guess I'm new here

Hey, I guess I'm new here

Eoghan

Local time
04:02

Hi, how's it going? I'm Eoghan from Dubin, Ireland. Just thought I'd say hi. Currently in my final year of college studying computer science, after just finishing up an internship at a tech company.

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Welcome to Webwide, Eoghan! Pleasure to have you on board.

Is that HMS Warrior in your avatar?

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Oh nice! Apologies for the intrusion, I do like an old ship. Portsmouth is my hometown so we got a fair few.

What kind of work does your internship entail?

Eoghan

Local time

I was working for Workday on onw of their app dev teams, using their proprietary language

Eoghan

Local time

Welcome! What're your plans after finishing college?
A lot of places seem to be starting to recruit for graduate positions now, so hopefully I'll have a job lined up when I finnish in college 🤞

VickiLanger

Asks "why?" too much
Gold Member
Local time
23:02
Pronouns
she/her

I was working for Workday on onw of their app dev teams, using their proprietary language
They made their very own language? So, you had to learn a language you were unfamiliar with and can’t use elsewhere?

Eoghan

Local time

They made their very own language? So, you had to learn a language you were unfamiliar with and can’t use elsewhere?
How yeah, And we weren't able to see the untill after a few days we started the interview. And it's nithing like a more trafidtional language like Java or Python. It;s a graphical based language. And don't even get me started in WATSm rhier automation suit. Everybosy hated that 😂.

But if you can get in to workday on one of the teams that don't use the proprietary language, called XpressO, It's apparently pretty goodm because the company itself and the culture of the office was great.