Hey guys, Simone here!

Hey guys, Simone here!

sim_gobb

Local time
07:29

Hi all,

My name is Simone and I am a web developer based between Italy and England.

I worked for the past 6 years as a WordPress developer, but I am doing my best to always push myself out of my own comfort zone learning new things and exploring different topics.

For the majority of my professional career I didn't have many senior developers to look up to or to just chat with, so I crave that kind of relationship where I can learn, get better and get my mistakes and bad habits ruthlessly pointed out.

Social media platforms have never really worked for me andI hope this will be a good environment to meet new people, grow and keep the motivation high.

Have a nice day! ✌️✌️

ek1

Local time
02:29
Pronouns
She/her

Hi Simone!! My name is Erin, I'm a web dev based in atlantic canada. I'm also feeling a lack of devs to inspire me and chat with, that's the main reason I joined this thing. It's nice to meet you :)

sim_gobb

Local time

Nice to meet you Erin!

Yep. I have high hopes for this platform. I am pretty fed up with standard social media platforms where everyone seems to be more interested in becoming famous than anything else.

Hopefully this board will be a place to discuss, grow and push each other, rather than a haters-infested forum. I suppose it's mainly up to us.

Michael

😎
Local time
06:29

Welcome!

I think you’re in the right place; a good mixture of people here already and a few other WordPress developers. 👍

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Hey, if you want to get out of your comfort zone I can recommend to drop WordPress and switch to PHP OOP - Laravel, Symfony, Yii.

If you want to get into Laravel I can point you to some resources and help with some topics.

sim_gobb

Local time

I had a play with Laravel in the past and Symfony is in the "things to check out" list.

If you have resources feel free to send them my way. That sort of stuff is always welcome.

Maybe we should start a thread for resources that would be helpful to the community?