Hesitant from New Hampshire

Hesitant from New Hampshire

stuff4stacey

Local time
17:38

Hello, Hoping this will be a good outlet when I'm banging my head against the wall when I can't figure out a simple line of coding. I'm the ultra-hack of web design. I learned on the fly because I'm a print designer that knew I had to learn web (and I wanted to). But I've never been formally trained. The University of Google is my best friend. And 9 times out of 10 I have no idea what someone is talking about and I'm looking up industry words (I've already googled words from 3 threads). I'm a seasoned designer, business owner, and surround myself with incredibly talented people. That's why I'm here on this forum. I want to be around and learn from the best.

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
22:38
Pronouns
he/him

Welcome @stuff4stacey! You’re in the right place. We have a ton of great people happy to help.

I would not worry about not being formally trained in web design or development. I would estimate that is the case for at least half of professionals working in this industry. Formal training often can’t keep up!

Michael

😎
Local time
22:38

Welcome, if you ever need help this is the place to come. Also, if you're stuck with words, just ask people to explain them. :) There's no shame in being uncertain about things, we're all here to learn and help each other grow.

VickiLanger

Asks "why?" too much
Gold Member
Local time
17:38
Pronouns
she/her

I think many of us would say we know a few things, google the rest, and hack stuff together until it works. You’re definitely in the right place.