Hello

Hello

mmcguire

Local time
02:51

My name is Matt and most of my experience centers around data, databases, and data analytics. Happy to help if I can.

mmcguire

Local time

Oracle, MySQL, and PostgreSQL for most of my database work, both on-prem and in AWS. I also use Neo4J and Redis, but not daily.

Michael

😎
Local time
10:51

Oracle, MySQL, and PostgreSQL for most of my database work, both on-prem and in AWS. I also use Neo4J and Redis, but not daily.
Which is your preference to work with? I know each has its own benefits, or suitability to a purpose.

Dominic

Local time
11:51

I would be interested in your experience with Neo4j. I am currently experimenting with it for kind of a personal knowledge base. I know RDF and the whole Semantic Web Stack pretty well from a research job a few years ago and was thinking about using a triple store as well. But when I was looking into the RDF libs in Python I've seen that there (not a big suprise) there is no momentum at all in Semantic Web tools. But Neo4j can't do reasoning, right?

mmcguire

Local time

Which is your preference to work with? I know each has its own benefits, or suitability to a purpose.

Yea I generally like to use whatever solution fits the use case. With relational databases my first choice is PostgreSQL. I have found it be very dependable and easy to work with.