Hello from Yangshun!

Hello from Yangshun!

yangshun

Local time
11:51

Hi guys, I'm Yangshun, a Front End Engineer at Facebook. Before I joined Facebook, I wrote a few handbooks on interview preparation such as the Tech Interview Handbook and Front End Interview Handbook. At Facebook, I work on Open Source stuff on the side such as Docusaurus, a modern static site generator which is used by React Native, Babel, Prettier, just to name a few. You can find me on GitHub (@yangshun) and Twitter (@yangshunz).

This seems like a cool forum as I like to hang out with non-engineers too. Excited to be part of this community! Feel free to ask me anything!

Last edited:

adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
19:51
Pronouns
he/him

Welcome @yangshun! Thanks so much for joining us. I hope you find your time here rewarding and I look forward to the opportunity to read about your valuable experiences! 😄

What’s your favourite and least favourite thing about working for Facebook? Did you always have your sights set on a career there?

yangshun

Local time
11:51

Thanks for creating Webwide!

My favorite and least favorite thing about working for Facebook are the same - there are too many smart people around. The good thing about that is that there are so many things to learn from the top talents around me and Facebook is always on the forefront of new technologies and best practices. Having many smart people around also means that most of the easy problems have been solved, only the really challenging ones are left. Not a bad thing if you view it in another way - challenge helps with a person's growth!

I have always wanted to work at Facebook after I started my career as a Front End Engineer - Facebook places high emphasis on Open Source and Front End. Facebook's suite of Front End tools are awesome and it's great to be able to contribute to them :)

Michael

😎
Local time
19:51

Welcome!

Hopefully you can share some of your knowledge with the community here, there are some great things coming from the developers within Facebook at the moment.