Hello from southern California!

Hello from southern California!

klickers

Local time
15:45

Hello everyone! I'm Catherine, a seventeen-year-old computer science freshman. I enjoy creating interesting projects (whether or not they are of use to anybody) with HTML/CSS/JavaScript and PHP/MySQL, some of which are:

• Operation Surprise Quotes (UI is awful, have low expectations. Project is paused due to COVID-19.)
  • Anabel (I actually like this one a lot.)
  • Masa HaChaim (Weird things going on here since I haven't deployed the latest commits; beware!! I switched the icon set in the database, but as the new icon files aren't up yet, all you see is the funny face icon.)
I'm also kind of exploring the no-code world, but I'm not sure if that's for me. I like being able to type stuff out quickly rather than drag-and-drop; I enjoy the control and precision I have with lines of code. What do you guys think, though?

Extra Info

Besides web development, I'm also a voracious reader. My goal for this year is 500 books! (See https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/83196155-catherine-chen.)

Last edited:

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
23:45
Pronouns
he/him

Welcome Catherine! Great to have you here and awesome to see another fellow PHP-er! You are in good company here.

500 books in a year is amazing! How do you read so fast? 😯

Sharkie

🦈
Gold Member
Local time
20:45
Pronouns
She/Her

Hi Catherine, and welcome!

I haven't looked into the no-code movement much, but I'm like you and much prefer the control code gives me. This might just be my own bias because that's how I've always done it though, I'm not sure!

And wow, here I am thinking I was a reader. 😂 pls tell me you're secrets, my TBR pile wouldn't be so mountainous if I could read at that speed!

klickers

Local time
15:45

500 books in a year is amazing! How do you read so fast? 😯

And wow, here I am thinking I was a reader. 😂 pls tell me you're secrets, my TBR pile wouldn't be so mountainous if I could read at that speed!

Thank you for the warm welcome! I honestly don't know how I read so fast. 😂 I read mostly novels, which is faster than reading nonfiction books. I also try to set aside time each day to read. Even so, I'm about 16 books behind schedule. I don't speed read, but I heard that can help.