Greetings From Cleveland!!

Greetings From Cleveland!!

jdschleicher

Local time
21:20

Developer on the Salesforce and .NET stacks! Very much dig the site, fun and purposeful. Great to be here! - Jon Schleicher

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
02:20
Pronouns
he/him

Welcome @jdschleicher! Thanks so much for your kind words. 😄

Are you working on any projects you can share with us at the moment?

jdschleicher

Local time

yep yep, my in my day-job I'm working on a Salesforce implementation with the Veterans Affairs and on the side I'm trying to tackle a productivity app in the MEAN stack.

jdschleicher

Local time

Welcome to the community! How are you finding Salesforce?

Thank you! I have been working with Salesforce platform for a little over 3 years. It's growing in capability and in community. Salesforce is providing more tools, landing exciting partnerships/alliances with AWS and Google, and putting greater emphasis on enterprise development practices such as Salesforce DX. I work for a company called Acumen Solutions and Salesforce is our main focus. We compete with other consulting organizations like Accenture and Deloitte. Personally, I have been enjoying it just as much as when I was doing primarily .NET stack. The developer tools and frameworks Salesforce leverages are being modernized and I feel the developer community is really coming around. The biggest challenge/pain point as a developer is not having localized development capabilities ( which they recently released a beta avenue to do so for their new Lightning Web Components framework but I haven't had the chance to test it out yet).