G'day from Australia

G'day from Australia

basGo

Local time
11:38

Hi everyone,

I'm Bastien, a French born, Australian raised full-stack dev from Melbourne (Aus). I have been working full-time in the industry for just over 4 years now, and am currently working on medical and pharmaceutical software (web apps, native apps, and recently a little IoT hardware!) for developing countries in the Pacific, which is funded through grants from the likes of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Unicef.

Always interested in learning about peoples projects and helping wherever I can.

Found my way here through hackernews :)

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
00:38
Pronouns
he/him

Welcome Bastien! Sounds like some exciting rewarding work. Looking forward to finding out more!

jamesb

Local time
11:38

Heya! Also from Melbourne, nice to meet you! (how goods the weather today!?)

I'll hijack your thread to also introduce myself. I'm a full-stack dev, working on Odoo and OpenERP mostly for a manufacturer based here producing analytical/RnD equipment and accessories. I also work on a bunch of IoT projects and some hardware/embedded design at the same company.

Also found my way here through HN.

Michael

😎
Local time
00:38

Welcome! How are you finding the IoT industry? Are you using any particular services or hardware? Anything to show off that you've built?