I like the front/main page at all! It's a nice introduction page with some branding and not too much forum like. But still everyone knows where he is and what it is.
Any other feedback would be fantastic! Feel free to let me know what you think!
Fancy meeting you here, Joy lol.
Likewise. I saw Adam's meteoric rise, and I had to come down here and be part of it. I must say, it is a source of inspiration to see a forum grow so fast in these days of social media. Adam may very well start a trend that could benefit all our communities :DHey! Haven’t seen or heard from you in a while! How lovely!
Yes be good to know the secret haha.Likewise. I saw Adam's meteoric rise, and I had to come down here and be part of it. I must say, it is a source of inspiration to see a forum grow so fast in these days of social media. Adam may very well start a trend that could benefit all our communities :D
Thank you for sharing this info! It’s amazing to see it striving! Great job!
The web community is just super awesome anyway and very happy to be helping to host a space for that greatness to happen. 😄
- Front page of Hacker News yesterday was the biggest member drive (300ish)
- Featured on Product Hunt at launch drove 100ish
- Before launching I created a landing page with mission and idea with a newsletter sign-up promising to launch at 200 subscribers. I collected these via engagement on Twitter, existing network and others generously sharing. About half signed up so far and was a great start to have activity right off the bat.
- Twitter feed with highlights drives some repeat traffic and sees more eyes through hashtag reach.
- Built publically using MakerLog which got a few interested people.
- Created hoard.fyi a resource for my target audience that went on front page of Reddit twice and used ads to drive traffic to the pre-launch page
Could explain a bit why you've changed this much? The first thing I notice is the color.