Gaming Forums - JoyFreak.com

JoyFreak

Gaming Forums
Local time
20:38

Gaming Forums

JoyFreak is the internet’s top video gaming forum and news source with discussions around PlayStation, Sony, Microsoft, Xbox, Nintendo, Switch, iOS, Apple, Android, PC, Steam and Google Stadia.

Upvote 2

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
21:38
Pronouns
he/him

I like these little cards on the main page for the main categories. @Adam is there a way to do this here?

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

I like the front/main page at all! It's a nice introduction page with some branding and not too much forum like. But still everyone knows where he is and what it is.
Good work!

JoyFreak

Gaming Forums
Local time

I like the front/main page at all! It's a nice introduction page with some branding and not too much forum like. But still everyone knows where he is and what it is.
Good work!
Many thanks for your kind words!

Feel free to sign up and spread the word around!

JoyFreak

Gaming Forums
Local time

Any other feedback would be fantastic! Feel free to let me know what you think!

l3ta

Local time
13:38

Hey! Haven’t seen or heard from you in a while! How lovely!
Likewise. I saw Adam's meteoric rise, and I had to come down here and be part of it. I must say, it is a source of inspiration to see a forum grow so fast in these days of social media. Adam may very well start a trend that could benefit all our communities :D

JoyFreak

Gaming Forums
Local time

Likewise. I saw Adam's meteoric rise, and I had to come down here and be part of it. I must say, it is a source of inspiration to see a forum grow so fast in these days of social media. Adam may very well start a trend that could benefit all our communities :D
Yes be good to know the secret haha.

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

• Front page of Hacker News yesterday was the biggest member drive (300ish)
  • Featured on Product Hunt at launch drove 100ish
  • Before launching I created a landing page with mission and idea with a newsletter sign-up promising to launch at 200 subscribers. I collected these via engagement on Twitter, existing network and others generously sharing. About half signed up so far and was a great start to have activity right off the bat.
  • Twitter feed with highlights drives some repeat traffic and sees more eyes through hashtag reach.
  • Built publically using MakerLog which got a few interested people.
  • Created hoard.fyi a resource for my target audience that went on front page of Reddit twice and used ads to drive traffic to the pre-launch page
The web community is just super awesome anyway and very happy to be helping to host a space for that greatness to happen. 😄

JoyFreak

Gaming Forums
Local time

• Front page of Hacker News yesterday was the biggest member drive (300ish)
  • Featured on Product Hunt at launch drove 100ish
  • Before launching I created a landing page with mission and idea with a newsletter sign-up promising to launch at 200 subscribers. I collected these via engagement on Twitter, existing network and others generously sharing. About half signed up so far and was a great start to have activity right off the bat.
  • Twitter feed with highlights drives some repeat traffic and sees more eyes through hashtag reach.
  • Built publically using MakerLog which got a few interested people.
  • Created hoard.fyi a resource for my target audience that went on front page of Reddit twice and used ads to drive traffic to the pre-launch page
The web community is just super awesome anyway and very happy to be helping to host a space for that greatness to happen. 😄
Thank you for sharing this info! It’s amazing to see it striving! Great job!

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Could explain a bit why you've changed this much? The first thing I notice is the color.

blaq

🌱
Gold Member
Local time
16:38

Could explain a bit why you've changed this much? The first thing I notice is the color.
i think it the best that his forum has a unique look since its recent design was similar to other popular messageboard

JoyFreak

Gaming Forums
Local time

I have customised the News page (formerly Articles) and have made it simplistic and user-friendly as possible. Any feedback would be appreciated.

You can take a look at the real thing here News