Fragments.pro - Design/Dev/Art latest news

avena

Local time
10:17

🙋‍♂️ Hello!

I wanted to share with you a small personal side-project. It is a website that displays a bunch of newsfeeds from design/dev/art/ worlds. I initially built this while working on Spline, I needed a fast way to keep up with everything that is happening in the design world.

I decided to dedicate a bit of time today to clean it up a little and make it public. I am using rss parser to get some of the feeds and a very basic web scraping logic for non-rss sites.

Warning: code is super messy/terrible! (in case you want to inspect).

LINK

Last edited:
Upvote 3

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
14:17
Pronouns
he/him

Nice! Would be nice if the items had dates so it is easier to have a scan to see what is fresh.

avena

Local time
10:17

Thank you @Adam ! ❤️

Having dates sounds cool indeed! Do you think also having a division between days or weeks would be good?

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
14:17
Pronouns
he/him

Oh I just spotted Webwide on there, amazing! Thank you. 💙

I don't think it needs day/week divisions because being so clean is a big strength, might just add more clutter. Dates are helpful though because if I check once a day for example I can easily see what is new. I guess most RSS feeds will just give you a date so perhaps just 'Posted today'/'Posted yesterday'/'Posted 2 days ago' etc.. would be good?