🥠 Fortune Cookies

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
19:19
Pronouns
he/him

So, here's something fun. With the new credits system there is the addition of a new BB code.

Code:
[CHARGE=1]It costs 1 credit to see this text.[/CHARGE]
Cool, right? You get the credits you earn.

Create your own 'fortune cookies' containing your own words of wisdom and charge us a credit for the privilege.

🥠

Last edited:

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
20:19
Pronouns
he/him

Have I done it right? I only see the text. 🤔

Last edited:

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

-=Stripped Content=-

Have I done it right? I only see the text. 🤔

Yeah! It's not great that there's no sign for you that it works. 🤦🏼‍♂️ I'll fix that! Also admins can see them like you do, so I'm gonna have to pay for your wonderful wisdoms from Bot. 😆

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Yeah! It's not great that there's no sign for you that it works. 🤦🏼‍♂️ I'll fix that! Also admins can see them like you do, so I'm gonna have to pay for your wonderful wisdoms from Bot. 😆
Will it only hide text or also images or other embeds? So could I "sell" my code examples? 😅

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Will it only hide text or also images or other embeds? So could I "sell" my code examples? 😅
It'll hide everything including nested BB codes. Sell away! As long as you don't turn your account in to an EA-style microtransaction hell. 😋

🥠

Sharkie

🦈
Gold Member
Local time
15:19
Pronouns
She/Her

I'll assume that worked, if it didn't have some advice free of charge. 😂

blaq

🌱
Gold Member
Local time
14:19

mmmm!! I think this is good for a section or a forum dedicated to this feature ... like learning hub or ebooks where people would lock their contents ...

but having this feature everywhere would be a pain in the future to disable since you will have to go through this manual...

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

mmmm!! I think this is good for a section or a forum dedicated to this feature ... like learning hub or ebooks where people would lock their contents ...

but having this feature everywhere would be a pain in the future to disable since you will have to go through this manual...

I agree that I don't see any real reason to use it outside the forum games.

If you have something to say - say it, if not - be silent. 😉😅

The only thing I could imagine would be in the product showcase section for any webwide coupon for example.
And, no idea where, but for lotteries. Like everyone who "buys" this text snippet is in the jackpot to win whatever I want to giveaway.

But for the last thing I would use contestkit, gleam or whoever they are named.

But the showcases could be a valid usecase.

And for me as the author it would be cool if I could see who has bought this snippet. Could be an idea for the planned improved for the author in general.