Font Families with sans and serif and multiple weights

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
17:32
Pronouns
he/him

Hey,

I think choosing the right font is like a Hercules challenge! And it gets even harder if you have to combine them in one project and support different weights.
For myself I'm fallen in love with the Inter font. 🤩
Before I sticked to the Android fonts - Lato and Roboto. And I still use Roboto for some projects because of its different styles (sans, slab, condensed ...) and all the important weights.

For one of my projects I have to use a sans font for the app itself and very likely a serif one for the customer facing UI.

So what's your favorite font family combination?
It should support normal and bold in best case also medium weights. Work as body and headline font and like said should have a sans and serif style.
It doesn't have to be free but also shouldn't cost 100€+

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
16:32
Pronouns
he/him
Last edited:

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

I'm loving Inter at the moment for sans-serif.
It's variable, too!
This site is nice for font pairings...

I know 😉 same here.^^
For myself I'm fallen in love with the Inter font. 🤩

But I have some more advanced requirements for this project. 😖
It should support normal and bold in best case also medium weights. Work as body and headline font and like said should have a sans and serif style.
It doesn't have to be free but also shou

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

There aren't many fonts that have both sans and serif counterparts. Is there a reason you can't just use a nice pairing?

Sharkie

🦈
Gold Member
Local time
13:32
Pronouns
She/Her

Man, I'm wracking my brain and can't immediately think of a font that does both serif and sans-serif. Normally I default to something like Open Sans or Roboto, but I don't believe either of those has a serif option!

I could spend (and have spent) HOURS finding good font combinations. It's like time just flies by as I match up fonts. 😅

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Lucida has serif and sans-serif versions.
Thanks! Lucida has much more styles. 🤩
Will check it out in detail, thanks. 😊

There aren't many fonts that have both sans and serif counterparts. Is there a reason you can't just use a nice pairing?
If the pairing matches really well. The benefit of one group supporting both is that they match perfectly together and in best case even don't change letter width. And in free there aren't much. But I know that there are some more at elements.envato.com for example. So I bet that there are some more paid ones at all.

Man, I'm wracking my brain and can't immediately think of a font that does both serif and sans-serif. Normally I default to something like Open Sans or Roboto, but I don't believe either of those has a serif option!

I could spend (and have spent) HOURS finding good font combinations. It's like time just flies by as I match up fonts. 😅

Same here.^^ and standalone they look cool, you add them to the page and 🤢. 🙈😅
Roboto has both - it's called Roboto Slab. There's also an Open Serif font.
Thanks for reminding me.
But if I'm right I never really liked Open Sans - hasn't felt right. 🤔

Lee

Local time

I have been using Quicksand recently, beautiful font.

Sharkie

🦈
Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
She/Her

Same here.^^ and standalone they look cool, you add them to the page and 🤢. 🙈😅
Roboto has both - it's called Roboto Slab. There's also an Open Serif font.
Thanks for reminding me.
But if I'm right I never really liked Open Sans - hasn't felt right. 🤔

Yeah, I'm always really off and on with Open Sans, sometimes it works and sometimes it absolutely does not.

Sharkie

🦈
Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
She/Her

You may be happy to hear we'll be ditching it here as soon as V2 rolls around. 😄 I have gone off it...

Ooooo you know, I'm definitely not upset about it. 😂