Filemove - organize Google Drive files

devhulk_

Local time
13:10
Project URL
https://filemove.io
Elevator Pitch
Filemove automates organizing your Google Drive files.

Do you use Google Drive? We have just released the app for you.

How many times you or your teammate put the file in the wrong folder or call the file in the wrong way?
Pick files by name, extension, owner, creation date, or modification date and keep them where their place is and name them as they should be named. Just set up actions and don't worry about it, Filemove will take care of it.

Let me know what you think. 🙏

Upvote 0

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Hey,
by one point I like the idea! I love structured files/folders! 🤩
Why I love FileBot for example to structure my movies and iTunes for my music.

BUT all of these tools work offline and only with the files I drop into them. Do you theoretically have file content access? Or only the meta data? What do you do regarding security, encryption and so on?
I mean in a full Google Drive are most times a lot of sensitive data - invoices, backups, customer data, project files and so on.
You will likely use the Google drive full access API and not only the app directory one?
And because you run on schedule it will also not use the file picker to limit access to the files I select!?

I think you should improve your communication on all these security/privacy related topics. I'm not saying that you are unsecure - but you should communicate what you do. Have you any audits? Do you use any encryption? Do you technically have no access to content or only promise it?

Possibly you could think about a desktop app using something similar but for everything. Google drive, Dropbox, NAS, HDD and so on. 🤔

devhulk_

Local time

Hey,
by one point I like the idea! I love structured files/folders! 🤩
Why I love FileBot for example to structure my movies and iTunes for my music.

BUT all of these tools work offline and only with the files I drop into them. Do you theoretically have file content access? Or only the meta data? What do you do regarding security, encryption and so on?
I mean in a full Google Drive are most times a lot of sensitive data - invoices, backups, customer data, project files and so on.
You will likely use the Google drive full access API and not only the app directory one?
And because you run on schedule it will also not use the file picker to limit access to the files I select!?

I think you should improve your communication on all these security/privacy related topics. I'm not saying that you are unsecure - but you should communicate what you do. Have you any audits? Do you use any encryption? Do you technically have no access to content or only promise it?

Possibly you could think about a desktop app using something similar but for everything. Google drive, Dropbox, NAS, HDD and so on. 🤔

Hey,

Thank you for your feedback. For sure, we need to add more info about security/privacy. Theoretically, we have access to the file content. We don't need to read the content, but to be able to copy files on Google Drive, there is no other permission scope on Google Drive API to do such an operation.

We encrypt all Google Drive access related data in the database, and we use SSL everywhere.

We don't plan the desktop app however, you can use this app for your HDD. You can sync your HDD (or only part of it) with Google drive - then Filemove would also organize your local files.