Feedback on my Landing page

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
17:16
Pronouns
he/him

It's coming on great! 😄 I am by no means a complete expert but I made some notes of my immediate thoughts... feel free to ignore.

statalog.org_ (1).png

Last edited:

VickiLanger

Asks "why?" too much
Gold Member
Local time
12:16
Pronouns
she/her

It's coming on great! 😄 I am by no means a complete expert but I made some notes of my immediate thoughts... feel free to ignore.

View attachment 22

wow! Thank you so much for the feedback. Some of these I have on a list to fix, like the 2 buttons at the top, and I’ll definitely be adding the rest.

I’m trying to work within the constraints of the framework and my understanding of things. I’m sure all of the sizing and padding is possible, I just need to figure it out. I’m determined. It’ll get there.

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
17:16
Pronouns
he/him

Happy to help! Looking forward to seeing the next round it's come on so much already. 😄

fbnlsr

Local time
18:16

My feedback:

I think it needs to breathe a little bit more. Some elements are too close one another (like the header "Statalog is built for you" and the three columns, as well as the columns themselves).

For the moment, the black header has no point, you could get rid of it entirely and bring the elements (search bar) in the page. Your logo is nowhere to be seen apart from that small header, which feels odd for a landing page. The general layout is pretty good, but you might want to tweak a few things to make it shine.

Oh and for some reason the website uses system fonts? You may want to find yourself a nice sans-serif font.

VickiLanger

Asks "why?" too much
Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
she/her

Here's a quick thing I did using Firefox's DevTools. It's not meant to disrespect your design choices, but I just wanted to show what I meant by making things breathe a bit more.

No disrespect taken. Design is not my thing. I like what you did with the hero section.
I totally agree. Everything needs more padding.

VickiLanger

Asks "why?" too much
Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
she/her

My feedback:

I think it needs to breathe a little bit more. Some elements are too close one another (like the header "Statalog is built for you" and the three columns, as well as the columns themselves).

For the moment, the black header has no point, you could get rid of it entirely and bring the elements (search bar) in the page. Your logo is nowhere to be seen apart from that small header, which feels odd for a landing page. The general layout is pretty good, but you might want to tweak a few things to make it shine.

Oh and for some reason the website uses system fonts? You may want to find yourself a nice sans-serif font.

Nunito is my font of choice. I just didn’t change it yet. I’m adding that to my list.

wow! I didn’t totally make my logo almost invisible. That wasn’t on purpose.

Definitely, everything needs space to breathe.

thanks for your feedback!

Lloople

Local time

VickiLanger

Asks "why?" too much
Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
she/her

Wow, after a nice and good feedback like this I can't wait to finish my landing page and share it with you guys 🤩

Right? I'm working through the feedback from @Adam first. I've updated a bunch of the recommendations, but most of these I really need to dig in and figure out how to fix the padding and sizing of things.

But, I think I did well making my logo bigger 🤣 Statalog

VickiLanger

Asks "why?" too much
Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
she/her

Here's a quick thing I did using Firefox's DevTools. It's not meant to disrespect your design choices, but I just wanted to show what I meant by making things breathe a bit more.

I really like what you did here. I've never used firefox's dev tools before. What do I do with the files after adjusting them? Is it something I just add to the repo after? I guess I'm just lost because right now I'm using the Bulma framework via CDN

I would like to add everything you did with the 1st two sections.
I think that includes:

• Centering the image
  • Centering the card
  • making the card transparent
  • changing color of the button
  • making the columns in 2nd section skinnier

Last edited:

VickiLanger

Asks "why?" too much
Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
she/her

Cards in the impact section are fixed. Thanks for noticing, @Adam. This was one section I thought I was done with and wasn't looking at it too close. Turns out it was a typo likely brought on by my editor autocompleting for me. I had <figure class="image is-is-3by1"> where it should have been <figure class="image is-3by1">

fbnlsr

Local time

I really like what you did here. I've never used firefox's dev tools before. What do I do with the files after adjusting them? Is it something I just add to the repo after? I guess I'm just lost because right now I'm using the Bulma framework via CDN

I usually use the "Changes" tab to impact the changes I've made to my CSS files. AFAIK, Firefox can't save files for you when you make adjustments in the DevTools. You can override Bulma's rules if you want, just add them to a CSS file that's called after Bulma's CSS.

Cucubec

Local time
13:16

@VickiLanger I think this is great start!

One of my daily tasks to to provide feedback to a team of two designers, so I hope the following comments are taken constructively.

l3ta

Local time
09:16

I feel "Studies & Research for all" should be all in caps or maybe in another font? Hmm...

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

I feel "Studies & Research for all" should be all in caps or maybe in another font? Hmm...
Caps all reads very bad - primary if it's this long. But I agree with the other font.