Status
Not open for further replies.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
18:46
Pronouns
he/him

Atm it's possible to enter an emoji via it's name in : so for example :wink: will result in 😉
But this search/autocomplete is super slow, seems to prefer emoji description over emoji name and triggers on key-up and not key-down or even waits for the input change event. And it does not work reliable.

:wi recommends 👿 at first which has :imp: as name 😉 is the fifth hit after 👿 / 🍵 / 😂 / 😁 because they have with or without in the description.

The problem why it's so slow is that it uses a backend search, so it has to trigger an ajax request everytime instead of using a simple JS frontend search.
https://webwide.io/index.php?misc/find-emoji&q=wi

Upvote 2

Michael

😎
Local time
17:46

How weird, I did wonder why it was a bit slow, I've just started to memorise a few … they're very similar to slack.

Anyone find it annoying how this is the frowny face, but it's not an "emoji"? ☹

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
18:46
Pronouns
he/him

There's 😦 :frowning:
And ☹ :frowning2:

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
17:46
Pronouns
he/him

Have opened a request with XenForo about this.

I haven’t actually been using that way (and didn’t know it was there!). Instead I use the device emoji picker on Mac/iOS.

VickiLanger

Asks "why?" too much
Gold Member
Local time
12:46
Pronouns
she/her

Have opened a request with XenForo about this.

I haven’t actually been using that way (and didn’t know it was there!). Instead I use the device emoji picker on Mac/iOS.

I would never have seen that. I just use my iOS keyboard. 🤷🏼‍♀️

A realization for myself:

That explains why it’s so important to get feedback and have people actually use your product. People will always find a way to use it that isn’t what you’d think.

Status
Not open for further replies.