Dynamic web hosting?

Dynamic web hosting?

Logix

Local time
03:59

Thanks in advance.

i create website as a part time thing for small businesses as some income while i'm at college. i have been wanting to setup a sort of Dynamic web hosting for my websites to be hosted on, a sort of Only pay for what you use thing, for example if the website has low traffic, in turn low Ram or CPU usage it only charges you for the amount of both you use are using that hour instead of a fixed rate.

I am happy to use things such as AWS,

A massive plus would be a built in service to bill clients.

Last edited:

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
04:59
Pronouns
he/him

Netlify, Zeit or any other of these static site hosters are payed by traffic and come with great performance!

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
04:59
Pronouns
he/him

adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Totally depends on your stack. If you plan to have some dynamic sites using PHP then you’d likely get just as good value from a reseller (most of which will come with WHMCS or other billing software which will automatically integrate for billing).

It’s not usage based but for small sites you’re not going to be saving much if anything and you have a more stable cost with no surprises to pass on to your clients.

Since you’re in the UK, I’d recommend Krystal.co.uk and you can find £5 off in our members perks page.

Dynamic billing always makes me nervous. I worry that I’m one DoS or traffic rush from an unaffordable bill so I always stick with allocated myself. Particularly when dealing with clients accounts, I don’t want to be on the hook for whatever they get up to.

Last edited:

Logix

Local time

Thanks Guys! I'm quite new to this and as i said above im still in college, But my websites all have JoCMS for easy editing by my clients and are Bootstrap4 Based.