Webwide is the inclusive forum community for web designers, developers & makers.

Whether you're an enthusiast, in training, or a seasoned pro – you'll fit right in at Webwide. We understand that our community is one of creation which is why we, unlike many other discussion forums, encourage sharing of your own projects and content. Creating a forum account is fast, easy and completely free so you can start participating right away.

Read our Code of Conduct

Free Forum Membership Benefits

• Participate in hundreds of interesting discussions
  • Network with industry peers and make new connections
  • Show off your own projects and relevant content
  • Get help and feedback for your coding and designs
  • Buy and sell services and resources in the marketplace
  • Participate in our friendly community challenges
  • Earn trophies and work your way up our leaderboards
  • Enjoy exclusive Webwide member discounts and offers
  • ...and so much more!

Help Wanted Dynamic web hosting?

Logix

Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 23:32
Credits
Thanks in advance.

i create website as a part time thing for small businesses as some income while i'm at college. i have been wanting to setup a sort of Dynamic web hosting for my websites to be hosted on, a sort of Only pay for what you use thing, for example if the website has low traffic, in turn low Ram or CPU usage it only charges you for the amount of both you use are using that hour instead of a fixed rate.

I am happy to use things such as AWS,

A massive plus would be a built in service to bill clients.

Last edited:

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Reaction score
Local Time
Tomorrow, 00:32
Website
gummibeer.de
Credits
Real Name
Tom Witkowski

Reactions: Adam

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Reaction score
Local Time
Credits
Pronouns
he/him
Totally depends on your stack. If you plan to have some dynamic sites using PHP then you’d likely get just as good value from a reseller (most of which will come with WHMCS or other billing software which will automatically integrate for billing).

It’s not usage based but for small sites you’re not going to be saving much if anything and you have a more stable cost with no surprises to pass on to your clients.

Since you’re in the UK, I’d recommend Krystal.co.uk and you can find £5 off in our members perks page.

Dynamic billing always makes me nervous. I worry that I’m one DoS or traffic rush from an unaffordable bill so I always stick with allocated myself. Particularly when dealing with clients accounts, I don’t want to be on the hook for whatever they get up to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gummibeer

Logix

Reaction score
Local Time
Credits
Thanks Guys! I'm quite new to this and as i said above im still in college, But my websites all have JoCMS for easy editing by my clients and are Bootstrap4 Based.