Now Live Desktop.com - A desktop for the web

desktop.com

Local time
12:39
Project URL
https://desktop.com
Elevator Pitch
With Desktop.com, individuals, businesses and teams can effectively organize their digital environments by keeping all of their web apps and bookmarks sorted, tagged and searchable under one single icon.

Hi all, happy to be a member of webwide. Since self promotion is encouraged I will dive right in and present to you our newly launched application: Desktop.com

Desktop.com introduces an organized and smart way to find and use web based resources from anywhere, at any time.

With Desktop.com, individuals, businesses and teams can effectively organize their digital environments by keeping all of their web apps and bookmarks sorted, tagged and searchable under one single icon. Desktop.com further lets users create multiple Desktops to separate assets based on categories such as business, personal or other interests. Desktops can easily be shared with other users and teams.

Desktop.com is a Progressive Web Application which allows it to be used across any device, regardless if its a PC, Mac, tablet or smart phone. In Desktop.com’s own ‘App Store’, users can easily explore, find and add apps to any of their Desktops from a growing selection of hundreds of integrated web apps!

Desktop.com is free for personal use and has a paid option for companies and freelancers.

We hope to see you there and welcome any feedback you might have here in thread or on feedback(at)desktop.com.

Upvote 1

James

A Verified Legend
Gold Member
Local time
11:39

One thing I noticed some of the icons on homepage aren't 4k.

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
11:39
Pronouns
he/him

Nice domain! I agree with James that converting your graphics to SVG would make them much crisper.

desktop.com

Local time
12:39

Hi James and Adam and thank you for the pointer. Although I doubt many are browsing with 4K capable devices I agree that SVG is the way to go. Will relay your comments to our head of design!

The domain was actually bought as the very first asset last year before any development had been done. It came with a hefty price tag but has given us a leg up from the get-go. Its a name that people tend to remember.