Designed my own website

parad0x

Local time
13:02

I designed my own website in hope of getting freelance projects so I can earn bread and butter. Can you guys give suggestion and criticism regarding design or content?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sfcgeorge

Sonic the developer
Gold Member
Local time
08:32
Pronouns
He/Him

Quite nice and simple. I like the big well spaced text; computer screens are big so there's no reason to have tiny text. Small design suggestions:

• Try slightly less opacity on the shadows. I always used to use really dark shadows but I learnt to tone it down. You don't want a shadow to be a focal point, it should be subtle to just add a bit contrast to page elements.
  • Instead of grey text in the footer, try using a lighter shade of the blue footer background. It's a subtle difference but can be really effective in making the colours look harmonious.

parad0x

Local time

Quite nice and simple. I like the big well spaced text; computer screens are big so there's no reason to have tiny text. Small design suggestions:

• Try slightly less opacity on the shadows. I always used to use really dark shadows but I learnt to tone it down. You don't want a shadow to be a focal point, it should be subtle to just add a bit contrast to page elements.
  • Instead of grey text in the footer, try using a lighter shade of the blue footer background. It's a subtle difference but can be really effective in making the colours look harmonious.
Thankyou so much for taking a look at my site 🙂 I will work on your suggestions.

Sharkie

🦈
Gold Member
Local time
03:32
Pronouns
She/Her

On the opposite side of the nice big text on desktop, I viewed it on mobile and some of the text is really small! Still readable, but would be nice to increase it a bit.

Otherwise, I really like it! It's clean, simple, and too the point.

parad0x

Local time

On the opposite side of the nice big text on desktop, I viewed it on mobile and some of the text is really small! Still readable, but would be nice to increase it a bit.

Otherwise, I really like it! It's clean, simple, and too the point.

Thankyou for your suggestion. I will work on it too. :)