Not open for further replies.

adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
02:56
Pronouns
he/him

Hello hello. Huge well done to everyone that entered last weeks challenge and congrats to @sfcgeorge and @Gummibeer for winning the community over in the public vote. Welcome to round 2 of the 2019 Webwide community challenge cup. ๐Ÿ˜„ Everybody is welcome to participate for fun, practice, bragging rights and/or for points and trophies. Whatever gets you going.

Challenge: Your Webwide ID
Submission Deadline: Monday 21st October 12:00pm UTC
New Submission Deadline: Friday 25th October 9pm UTC

You can use this opportunity to practice or show off your skills with JSON/API, HTML, CSS, JavaScript and potentially a server-side language if you'd prefer to parse it that way.

Your challenge is to create a digital ID from your Webwide profile data. What and how is totally up to you.

You can access your public profile information in JSON format at the following URL (replace the ID with your own): https://webwide.io/custom/api/user_fetch.php?id=YOUR_ID

Your profile ID can be found appended to your profiles URL. You can find an SVG version of the Webwide logo here.

Please submit your entries in the following format:

Title:
Live URL:
Submit for voting: Yes/No

Last edited:

adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Could be that it's my lack of English but what do you mean with "digital ID"? Do you mean a identity card like passport?

PS: the second was me not @m1guelpf ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜œ

๐Ÿ‘€ Oops, sorry Tom was late at night! ๐Ÿ˜„

Yes on the digital ID I was thinking like a mini profile.

tungu

Local time
03:56

I started creating a profile card, it's not very complete but it works! ๐Ÿ˜…

tom

Creator of StickerRunยฎ
Local time

Sadly I wasn't able to come up with a quick solution to allow dynamic profile ids (using ajax requests, as cors isn't allowed and jsonp didn't work) and had to copy/paste the json from my profile...

It's a vue script so there's no preview yet I think. If so, please click on "Run Pen" to view the final result ๐Ÿ˜Š Oh and if you open it in a new window it looks like I wanted it to look like (with lots of space around the card). There are a few hover effects and titles also.

Edit: Updated to have a little bit of responsiveness on smaller devices :) Hey, it's tailwindcss, would be a shame if it wasn't responsive after all. If you want to see it, just change the width of your browser window.

Last edited:

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Sadly I wasn't able to come up with a quick solution to allow dynamic profile ids (using ajax requests, as cors isn't allowed and jsonp didn't work) and had to copy/paste the json from my profile...

It's a vue script so there's no preview yet I think. If so, please click on "Run Pen" to view the final result ๐Ÿ˜Š Oh and if you open it in a new window it looks like I wanted it to look like (with lots of space around the card). There are a few hover effects and titles also.

A thousand points for using tailwind! ๐Ÿ˜…
After all those beautiful little cards I got an idea. But first I have to finish my first idea. ๐Ÿ™ˆ Hope to deliver tomorrow.

Last edited:

Michael

๐Ÿ˜Ž
Local time

Some of these look awesome already. ๐Ÿ‘€

I might take a look at it this weekend, and generate one server side, and generate an image, and then actually use it as an image in my signature ๐Ÿ‘€

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Some of these look awesome already. ๐Ÿ‘€

I might take a look at it this weekend, and generate one server side, and generate an image, and then actually use it as an image in my signature ๐Ÿ‘€

You've stolen my idea.^^So I only have to be faster. ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜Ž

fbnlsr

Local time

Hey that's pretty cool!

I'll try and see if I can come up with something this week-end. ๐Ÿ™‚

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

And here's my second idea, but first result. ๐Ÿ˜…

Title: I'm a backend DEV ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ’ป๐Ÿค“
URL:

Submit for voting: Yes โœ…

PS: you can click in the navbar to change the ID. Atm there's no error handling if the ID doesn't exist.

Last edited:

VickiLanger

Asks "why?" too much
Gold Member
Local time
21:56
Pronouns
she/her

I am determined to submit something. Now to learn how to use this API. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Edit: Just realized id = 109 not id = vickilanger

Edit: I dislike javascript (because I have no practice with it and frontend isn't my forte.

Last edited:

adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Less than 24 hours to get your entries in!

fbnlsr

Local time

Spent the weekend with the little one, unfortunately I started a design in XD but couldn't finish it. ๐Ÿ˜“

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Right now I'm the winner because no one else has submitted for voting. ๐Ÿคฉ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜…

tom

Creator of StickerRunยฎ
Local time

Mmmaaahhhhh ๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜ข

adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

The deadline for this challenge has been extended to Friday since there are a handful of people wanting a go but not had chance yet (and I'm not ready for the next one yet... ๐Ÿ˜…)!

Status
Not open for further replies.