Webwide is the inclusive discussion community for web designers, developers & makers.

Whether you're an enthusiast, in training, or a seasoned pro – you'll fit right in at Webwide. Creating an account is fast, easy and completely free so you can start participating right away.

Read our Code of Conduct

Free Membership Benefits

• Participate in hundreds of interesting discussions
  • Network with industry peers and make new connections
  • Show off your own projects and relevant content
  • Get help and feedback for your coding and designs
  • Buy and sell services and resources in the marketplace
  • Participate in our friendly community challenges
  • Earn trophies and work your way up our leaderboards
  • Enjoy exclusive Webwide member discounts and offers
  • ...and so much more!

Daily success!

Gummibeer

Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 15:22
Website
gummibeer.de
Today I've developed and released my first npm/node package. 🎉
It's a super simple wrapper for an awesome service. But I needed it for my much larger "watchtower" project. Which I've nearly finished for my own domains. Will have to rework some parts to also create a package you can run your own.

• Cheer
Reactions: Adam

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 14:22
Pronouns
he/him
Today I've developed and released my first npm/node package. 🎉
It's a super simple wrapper for an awesome service. But I needed it for my much larger "watchtower" project. Which I've nearly finished for my own domains. Will have to rework some parts to also create a package you can run your own.
Congrats @Gummibeer! I think that deserves its own thread. 🥳

Reactions: Gummibeer

27leaves

Reaction score
Local Time
Website
herrnegger.at
Regarding to web sites, I'm kinda old-school. Starting out with Dreamweaver, passing by Typo3 and of course Wordpress I'm really up for trying static website generator. To be honest, Webwide is the reason for waking my interest in it 😉

So my success today is setting up a basic gatsby page with bitbucket/netlify. Really easy, got everything up and running (included choosing Gatsby) in 30min.

@Adam hoard.fyi is awesome... found really useful stuff there!

avena

Reaction score
I was very stressed today but managed to complete some complex business documents. Then I saw a baby Yoda. Instant happiness. 😆

Last edited:
  • Cheer
Reactions: tom and Adam

Evan

Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 09:22
Had a client come in and give on-the-fly feedback on a landing page I developed. Typically we create a first pass, send the client a link to review, they send us feedback, etc. This time the client came in and wanted changes done as he sat next to me. I was a bit stressed out over it beause there's a potential six-figure deal if things went well.

They did.

There will be another sit-down sometime soon to discuss more complex functionality, which I've never done before on a website. So, a possible success for today, but I'm not exactly glowing. Not until the deal actually happens.

jarod_peachey

Reaction score
Local Time
Website
jarodpeachey.netlify.com
I just released my Christmas fingerstyle guitar album on certain platforms! I'd appreciate if you could go check it out and tell me what you think!

(Currently, it's preview only, but will be available for free on Spotify and all other services soon)

Gummibeer

Reaction score
Local Time
Website
gummibeer.de
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: jarod_peachey

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Gold Member
Community Team
Reaction score
Local Time
Website
www.stickerrun.com
Finished setting up Docker Swarm, Hashicorp Vault, Continuous CI and a private docker image registry all together on 6 digital ocean droplets.
Website for new project is almost finished and I found an awesome domain for the new project.

Also had my yearly employee talk with my boss. Went very well.

I'm happy! 😊

• Cheer
Reactions: Adam and Gummibeer

27leaves

Reaction score
Local Time
Website
herrnegger.at
I just released my Christmas fingerstyle guitar album on certain platforms! I'd appreciate if you could go check it out and tell me what you think!

(Currently, it's preview only, but will be available for free on Spotify and all other services soon)
It sounds really really nice! The quality of the file in the cdbaby preview is not that good... Is it the CDbaby compression?

Gummibeer

Reaction score
Local Time
Website
gummibeer.de

Watchtower

After several rounds of refactoring, adding/dropping dependencies and going crazy about promises - the first usable/reliable version of watchtower is in the wild.

It was my first project I've developed only on my local machine - to don't leave any trace of my failing JS development. 😉 😂
It already provides some super simple configurations in the provider functions which I have to carry to a watchtower config. I was also very lazy and used global - never-ever do this in your own code. 😉 😝

If anyone is able/willing to help - do it! 🎉
I'm pretty sure that it's not well written code and that someone could simplify all my promises.^^

@kilian feel free to try it and give some feedback. Right now there is no npm package. So only via git checkout or zip download.^^

Last edited:
  • Cheer
Reactions: Adam

jarod_peachey

Reaction score
Local Time
Website
jarodpeachey.netlify.com
It sounds really really nice! The quality of the file in the cdbaby preview is not that good... Is it the CDbaby compression?
Thanks! The quality might be a little lower on the preview, but I think I put to much treble in the recording, which makes it worse without headphones. Did you have headphones on when you listened?

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Gold Member
Community Team
Reaction score
Local Time
Website
www.stickerrun.com
I‘d love to do this! ☺
I started working for the company in January 2019 and will be sliding into the lead dev role throughout 2020 including mentoring for the juniors and other devs in our team.
We definitely should video chat sometime soon 😃

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Gold Member
Community Team
Reaction score
Local Time
Website
www.stickerrun.com
Installed Jenkins (Cloudbees version) and ELK stack yesterday evening/night. First one worked straight away, second one took some time because the dockerized versions didn't work at all or were already outdated.
Now it works and I'm looking forward combining all the stuff on the weekend 🥰

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Gold Member
Community Team
Reaction score
Local Time
Website
www.stickerrun.com
Okokok this may seem like I'm only active in this thread anymore but that's caused by the current sideproject I'm working on.
Today I've managed to get the Jenkins pipeline working and I'm exhausted, angry and a little bit proud that I mastered this challenge.
Took me a big step closer to my goal of finishing the MVP for this project. 😊

• Cheer
Reactions: Gummibeer and Adam

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 14:22
Pronouns
he/him
Okokok this may seem like I'm only active in this thread anymore but that's caused by the current sideproject I'm working on.
Keep it up! I’m loving it. 😄 I took this lazy Sunday to practice some piano and making good progress on most challenging one yet. 🎶