Webwide is the inclusive discussion community for web designers, developers & makers.

Whether you're an enthusiast, in training, or a seasoned pro – you'll fit right in at Webwide. Creating an account is fast, easy and completely free so you can start participating right away.

Read our Code of Conduct

Free Membership Benefits

• Participate in hundreds of interesting discussions
  • Network with industry peers and make new connections
  • Show off your own projects and relevant content
  • Get help and feedback for your coding and designs
  • Buy and sell services and resources in the marketplace
  • Participate in our friendly community challenges
  • Earn trophies and work your way up our leaderboards
  • Enjoy exclusive Webwide member discounts and offers
  • ...and so much more!

Daily success!

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Gold Member
Community Team
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 22:27
Website
www.stickerrun.com
So you possibly know that feeling, when you're down, don't know how you should keep yourself focused or don't know what to do with your life.
I do have those feelings too, sometimes, but the moments where I have to live through that are happening less often.

Why?
Because I've started the "Daily success list" for myself.

What is that?
It's just a sheet of paper where I write every success I had today, like...
  • 2019-10-19 Bought myself some nice new shoes.
  • 2019-10-20 Finished long awaited gitlab migration.

And that works?
For me, yes. I've been doing this for a few weeks now and I'm already seeing some nice results. I've got more motivation and when looking back, I can say that I've had quite a few VERY successful days, even though I couldn't remember them all anymore without thinking deeply.

So, I would like to share this with you and start a little board game called "Daily success".

Ok, let's start.
The rules of this game are pretty easy: You write what success you had today (multiple posts per day allowed). Finished.

Wow, you also had a success while writing your post(s), because you've finished another task. Congratulations, I'm proud of you!!

Last edited:

l3ta

Reaction score
Pretty stoked that my flight sim is almost ready. Success!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: ek1 and tom

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Gold Member
Community Team
Reaction score
Local Time
Website
www.stickerrun.com
After 1,5 years of struggle and uncertainty, I've received the long awaited e-mail from my lawyer, that the company I had with a second person was finally deleted today. After the second person left this world at his own request I had to do all the paperwork to get the company deleted without any additional information or even access to any financial data or portals.

This has been a huge burden for the past almost 2 years as the uncertainty distracted me from work, harmed my sleep and influenced so many aspects of my life.

I'm incredibly happy and relieved now.

Reaction score
So you possibly know that feeling, when you're down, don't know how you should keep yourself focused or don't know what to do with your life.
I do have those feelings too, sometimes, but the moments where I have to live through that are happening less often.

Why?
Because I've started the "Daily success list" for myself.

What is that?
It's just a sheet of paper where I write every success I had today, like...
  • 2019-10-19 Bought myself some nice new shoes.
  • 2019-10-20 Finished long awaited gitlab migration.

And that works?
For me, yes. I've been doing this for a few weeks now and I'm already seeing some nice results. I've got more motivation and when looking back, I can say that I've had quite a few VERY successful days, even though I couldn't remember them all anymore without thinking deeply.

So, I would like to share this with you and start a little board game called "Daily success".

Ok, let's start.
The rules of this game are pretty easy: You write what success you had today (multiple posts per day allowed). Finished.

Wow, you also had a success while writing your post(s), because you've finished another task. Congratulations, I'm proud of you!!
Hi new here! I really agree with this one! It's always motivating and rewarding to read your DONE LIST!

Reactions: tom

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 21:27
Pronouns
he/him

👀🎉

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Gold Member
Community Team
Reaction score
Local Time
Website
www.stickerrun.com
27 Oct 2019
Made awesome progress while working on the backend of StickerRun® 😊

28 Oct 2019
I received my "meditating Groot" artwork today. Gosh it looks so incredible. I'm so excited! 😊 😄
Just ordered the printing on acrylic glass and mounting material.

• Cheer
Reactions: Gummibeer and Adam

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 21:27
Pronouns
he/him
27 Oct 2019
Made awesome progress while working on the backend of StickerRun® 😊

28 Oct 2019
I received my "meditating Groot" artwork today. Gosh it looks so incredible. I'm so excited! 😊 😄
Just ordered the printing on acrylic glass and mounting material.
I think we're gonna need pics of this Groot!

Reactions: Gummibeer

ek1

Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 18:27
Website
erinknowles.com
Pronouns
She/her
- Met up with a new friend for coffee
- Met with the landlord of the bike shop I help run, along with the project coordinator for another bicycle project we share the space with and another local bike org's representative. Landlord has a new property in the trendy area of town and wants us to greenwash for him, basically. I asked how our main focus - making bikes as cheap and accessible as possible to people lacking funds - fit into his development plan. He said "Well, they don't." He wants the legitimacy of a bicycle hub to draw liberal, monied, white middle-aged folks to his restaurants. Opened his pitch with "look I'm no activist or bleeding-heart liberal, I just think there's a lot of opportunity here with this climate change movement". Fucking filthy, the whole thing. There's a lot of good that could be done here but the whole thing is so dirty. I'm still trying to figure out where I stand on it, what I'm going to tell the other volunteers, what I want for us going forwards. Anyway the Daily Success part of this is I was so, so good and polite the whole time, I made nice with our landlord and I asked the questions that needed to be asked without being hostile. THERE IS MORE I COULD TALK ABOUT but the whole thing has my stomach turning and I keep thinking "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" - maybe there's a way we could make it work for him AND for the communities our organizations were founded on supporting. But I am very glad I was calm about it.

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Gold Member
Community Team
Reaction score
Local Time
Website
www.stickerrun.com
30 October 2019:
I've been working on the backend for the past 4 hours and it will be awesome. I'm going to try Laravel Shift as soon as I've got the major features done to create basic Tests and make a few optimizations. I'm proud of myself and the work that has been and will be done today. 😍 😊

1572474527154.png (~3k additions were from the documentation)

Last edited:

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Gold Member
Community Team
Reaction score
Local Time
Website
www.stickerrun.com
11 Nov 2019:
I mastered the API of a famous video identification provider without using the totally useless and wrong api docs they provided.
Received another milestone of work from my frontend freelancer. She's doing an awesome job and I'm really glad I found her!
Renewed the domains for my blogging platform project (pretty expensive, eh...).