Colors of parts of day

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
03:20
Pronouns
he/him

Hey all,

right now I search for colors (gradients) for all parts of the day.
How would you color all the parts of a day?

• Midnight AM
  • Night AM
  • Dawn AM
  • Twilight AM
  • Sunrise AM
  • Morning AM
  • Daytime AM
  • Noon PM
  • Afternoon PM
  • Evening PM
  • Sunset PM
  • Twilight PM
  • Dusk PM
  • Night PM

If you don't have an idea for some - feel free to skip. 😉
I will take everything from color names/ranges, mood images to specific colors/gradients.

And for sure there's no wrong! I want to find something like typical/common average to support wordings by colors.

Last edited:

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
02:20
Pronouns
he/him

Awesome question! I had a go at creating some of my own.

Untitled-1.png

Last edited:

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Awesome question! I had a go at creating some of my own.

View attachment 129

Damn - these are awesome!
I had the idea of some cherry blossom like pink and peach in the morning/daylight parts.
And for me the noon until afternoon/sunset is more yellow/orange - but I can understand and agree with your gradients! 🚀🤩
Thanks for your work @Adam ! 💙🔥

Last edited:

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Ooh yes a bit of pink in the mornings would be great and help differentiate them. Nice idea!

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Damn - these are awesome!
I had the idea of some cherry blossom like pink and peach in the morning/daylight parts.
And for me the noon until afternoon/sunset is more yellow/orange - but I can understand and agree with your gradients! 🚀🤩
Thanks for your work @Adam ! 💙🔥
Trying out with some pinks.

Untitled-1 copy.png

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

uiGradients - Beautiful colored gradients
uiGradients - Beautiful colored gradients

Some of the gradients I like very much. But bring them in order is the toughest part. 😅

fabulousrice

Local time
18:20

I have no idea how to publish my answer in code like Adam did, when I tried both "Code" and "Inline code" it rendered each time as... code. Yay for usability.
Anyways, here's my answer, hope you like it!

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

I have no idea how to publish my answer in code like Adam did, when I tried both "Code" and "Inline code" it rendered each time as... code. Yay for usability.
Anyways, here's my answer, hope you like it!

Great picks @fabulousrice! I love how you captured each part of the day just right while still keeping the colours so varied and diverse.

Sorry for the confusion on the code, mine was just an image too! There is no real code rendering in the editor but we do support CodePen embeds for such occasions.

fabulousrice

Local time
18:20

Great picks @fabulousrice! I love how you captured each part of the day just right while still keeping the colours so varied and diverse.

Sorry for the confusion on the code, mine was just an image too! There is no real code rendering in the editor but we do support CodePen embeds for such occasions.

Thanks so much!

For some reason, your answer looked really sharp, as if you had generated it with code!
I think I tried to replace myself mentally in the geographic location where I lived for the longest time in my life, in the countryside in the south of France, and tried to capture what made the essence of each slice of day as I remembered it, what did a beautiful night look like, or feel like, or sound like, even.

Some of the feedback about using pinks, or colors other than blue/dark blue also resonated with me.

It would be very interesting to see these color sets adapt to geographical locations, like a greyish day, or dry regions... would be cool, instead of seeing a sun or a cloud on a weather app, to see hex codes of what the sky will look like in the chosen area throughout the day (or... it could be depressing too haha, "from grey to grey").

It was a bit of work but I like the result :D