sfcgeorge

Sonic the developer
Gold Member
Local time
11:10
Pronouns
He/Him

I don't know whether I want this or not so please discuss 😄

StackOverflow lets you mark a question as solved, and then I guess it drops out of the "Unanswered Questions" section or whatever.

Some forums let you "lock" threads if they get off topic or old. Here you can unsubscribe from a thread at least, but it's not quite the same.

You may even want to delete your thread if you realise it was unnecessary or you don't like it any more, dunno.

I opened a bug thread that's now not needed, perhaps it would make sense to lock. Then again if the same issue happens again, it's easy for someone else to bump it.

It's kinda nice having the transparency of stuff sticking around, though you may change your point of view and not want to be held to a viewpoint you had ages ago.

Not really urgent while the site is small, but something to mull over.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

sfcgeorge

Sonic the developer
Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
He/Him

Mmm, I like that about StackOverflow (though I almost never post there 😅)

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
12:10
Pronouns
he/him

I'm 100% against delete - Could be that I'm too used to git where it's nearly impossible to delete.

The solved should go with a trophy @Adam - but I would only use it in special categories that are made for questions/help.

m1guelpf

18-year-old maker
Local time
13:10
Pronouns
he, him

Agree with that: allow marking as solved (maybe even with a correct answer) but only on certain categories. Surely there's a Xenforo plugin for that

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

@sfcgeorge @Michael @Gummibeer @m1guelpf

Users can now choose from prefixes in relevant forums, mostly the 'Solved' one by editing the OP. There is a feature to highlight best answers so I will look in to best way to implement this. :)

Screenshot 2019-10-05 at 21.50.57.png

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
12:10
Pronouns
he/him

@Adam would it be possible to close threads by time like polls?
The idea comes from the community challenges where it would be cool to let the thread get locked by the server if time reached.
For sure the author/mod should be able to unlock it and add new posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.