Client horror stories?

Client horror stories?

Evan

Wordpress / Divi / Avada / Oxygen
Local time
12:56

Well it's October, so I guess there's no better time to share a few client horror stories you've been through over the years. Whether they butchered a perfectly good design, constantly changed their mind throughout the project, or were incredibly nit-picky over every single pixel location, I'm sure some of us have had at least one client that was a nightmare.

How did you deal with them? Did you power through it, or was it too much to handle?

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
18:56
Pronouns
he/him

Hold my beer/water (I drink no alcohol 😅) I will write a whole book. 🙈

fbnlsr

Local time

Client #1, Invoice #1.

It was an auto school where I passed my motorcycle license exam. The owner never paid the invoice after delivery. I closed the website, and got contacted by her lawyer. I explained to him the situation, and never heard from them again.

She lost her business a few years later, so there's that. But that was not a good introduction to the world of freelancing. 😅

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

1) Not me but a colleague
Client wrote via slack. After some minutes he asked why no one answers. My colleague wrote that she's in a meeting. The client asked in which meeting.
As if we only have one client and only meetings with/for him.

2)
We deployed a new feature to staging, 1 week before it was planned to. 2 months later the client started to test it but wanted to deploy 2days later.

3)
Client wants to switch to a new newsletter provider. Which has nearly no features and really NO security. The authentication is a simple 32 char token - no ID or anything.