Webwide is the inclusive forum community for web designers, developers & makers.

Whether you're an enthusiast, in training, or a seasoned pro – you'll fit right in at Webwide. We understand that our community is one of creation which is why we, unlike many other discussion forums, encourage sharing of your own projects and content. Creating a forum account is fast, easy and completely free so you can start participating right away.

Read our Code of Conduct

Free Forum Membership Benefits

• Participate in hundreds of interesting discussions
  • Network with industry peers and make new connections
  • Show off your own projects and relevant content
  • Get help and feedback for your coding and designs
  • Buy and sell services and resources in the marketplace
  • Participate in our friendly community challenges
  • Earn trophies and work your way up our leaderboards
  • Enjoy exclusive Webwide member discounts and offers
  • ...and so much more!

Solved Captcha every time I enter the website?

ReinissB

Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 10:08
Credits
Am I the only one who is facing CAPTCHA entering the website every time? The weird thing is that the questions are the same all the time: Click the photos with a plane in it.

So, Is this some kind of new security thing or it appears only to me?

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 08:08
Credits
Pronouns
he/him
Hey @ReinissB! Sorry about that, looks like you were caught in an overly cautious Cloudflare firewall rule. You should be all good now but let me know if any problems! 😊

Last edited:

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 09:08
Website
gummibeer.de
Credits
Real Name
Tom Witkowski
Am I the only one who is facing CAPTCHA entering the website every time? The weird thing is that the questions are the same all the time: Click the photos with a plane in it.

So, Is this some kind of new security thing or it appears only to me?
I wouldn't say that you are the only one but it definitely doesn't happen to me. 😁
Why the captchas are always the same is because Cloudflare switched from Google ReCaptcha to hCaptcha because of privacy and costs.
So that's something Adam has no control.
Do you use any kind of VPN/Proxy? 🤔

The problem with hCaptcha, because of better privacy, is that they don't see your overall browsing behavior/history - that's why you always have to solve this captcha challenge if cloudflare decides that they aren't sure if you are a human or bot.
Google, primary with Chrome, didn't had this "problem" because they were able to combine all Analytics, Search, Chrome data-streams to calculate a more precise bot-rating.

ReinissB

Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 10:08
Credits
Yes, the problem has disappeared! I no longer need to complete Captcha. Thanks @Adam. And @Gummibeer No, I am not using a VPN or Proxy. Im not really sure what caused this problem. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
  • Cheer
Reactions: Gummibeer