Webwide is the inclusive forum community for web designers, developers & makers.

Whether you're an enthusiast, in training, or a seasoned pro – you'll fit right in at Webwide. We understand that our community is one of creation which is why we, unlike many other discussion forums, encourage sharing of your own projects and content. Creating a forum account is fast, easy and completely free so you can start participating right away.

Read our Code of Conduct

Free Forum Membership Benefits

• Participate in hundreds of interesting discussions
  • Network with industry peers and make new connections
  • Show off your own projects and relevant content
  • Get help and feedback for your coding and designs
  • Buy and sell services and resources in the marketplace
  • Participate in our friendly community challenges
  • Earn trophies and work your way up our leaderboards
  • Enjoy exclusive Webwide member discounts and offers
  • ...and so much more!

Development Calorie Tracker App - React, PHP, MySQL

jarod_peachey

Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 10:33
Website
jarodpeachey.netlify.com
Credits
Real Name
Jarod Peachey
What's up, Webwide?!

Over the past year, I've been working on a small project of mine. It's a calorie tracking web app that tracks calories gained through meals and calories burned through workouts.

It's kind of my scapegoat for learning new languages or trying new features. It started out as plain HTML, CSS and JS. After I started learning React, I refactored it to use that. I updated it to use Redux as well, once I learned that.

Currently, I'm learning PHP, so I'm refactoring it to use a database in MySQL and use PHP on the backend; currently, there's no database on it. It only uses Redux.

I'd really appreciate if you've got an pointers or feedback for me.\!

p.s If anyone wants to help out and brush up on React, PHP, MySQL or such, I'd be glad to accept pull requests from you on Github!

Reactions: Adam

joshmanders

Full Snack Developer
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 09:33
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Looks good so far! I know there's no backend to store data so "sign up" and "login" are basic and just formalities to show what's behind, but having some screenshots of the app to help see what it is on the front would be helpful.

Reactions: 27leaves and Adam