Bug Checkout ' Stripe ' With Setup Google Tag Manager For block third party

Bug Checkout ' Stripe ' With Setup Google Tag Manager For block third party

Rememberthis

Local time
03:13

Hi everyone,

I am currently building a wordpress site related to the photo which will be used to carry out many social projects. It's been months that I block on one subject, I am looking desperately for a person who would have the kindness and the skills to bring me help.

My problem: RGPD compliance third-party cookies

The situation is as follows, I have installed Google Tag Manager, it is functional, I am trying to configure it to "block" all third-party cookies on my site, while the user gives his consent to use these third-party cookies. When he clicks on 'accept' (cookie banner), third-party cookies are installed and as long as the user does not purge their browser cache, third-party cookies are loaded with each page load. *

The function of the google tag manager code would be to analyze the "viewed_cookie_policy" cookie, if so, the user to give his agreement and google tag manager can load third-party cookies. If the "viewed_cookie_policy" cookie does not exist, then the user has not given their consent and third-party cookies remain blocked.

More Technic :

wordpress: 5.5 / php: 7.4.8 / serveur: apache / mysql: 5. 7. 28 / shared hosting 1&1

Plugin cookies : GDPR Cookie Consent Plugin (CCPA Ready)

By WebToffee

i have try this setup in google manager :

Variable = Type : proprietary cookies = name = viewed_cookie_policy (viewed_cookie_policy with value "yes" = is the name of the cookies are created when people clic " Consent" on the cookies banner)

Trigger : page view = some pages viewed = viewed_cookie_policy | contains | yes

TAG : <script src="https://js.stripe.com/v3/"></script> (i have try with only one third cookies for try, is for this i have put only one link, third cookie " stripe " )

this setup work but the script " js.stripe.com/v3/ " is loading before " click consent " for leave the script i have install the plugin : Asset CleanUp: Page Speed Booster

By Gabriel Livan

With this plugin i ask him to block the third cookie " js.stripe.com/v3/ " everywhere on my website, this action work.

At this step, when i clean all my cache, i go to my website, the " js.stripe.com/v3/ " don't load (It's OK) and i click " consent " on banner cookies, the page reload alone and the cookies third party " js.stripe.com/v3/ " load (until here all it's ok) the things is when i try to use the plugin " Give " (this plugin use js.stripe.com/v3/) when i make test for donation and i'm redirect " https://checkout.stripe.com/pay/ " the page not loading and are full white ... When i desactivate the option for don't load js.stripe.com/v3/ in " Asset CleanUp plugin " and i try again it's work but is not good because with this configuration, the third cookie " js.stripe.com/v3/ " are load when people come on my website and js.stripe.com/v3/ is loading before people clic " Consent " on banner cookies ... Madness circle ... I have hard hard try since long time but i don't find the solution ....

Thank you for your help I can give you more information if you need (for example the url of my website) in a private message.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
23:28
Pronouns
he/him

Hey,
I'm not a lawyer but this cookie sounds like a functional one to me?
GDPR specifically allows to always set functional cookies that are required to make your website work.
These are for example session cookies or cookies for light/dark theme or similar.

I don't really know what stripe does with this cookie. But I hope/bet that it's not user tracking but to have a fingerprint used for checkout/cart to be able to transfer the user between website and stripe but maintain the same data.

If that's the case I would label it as functional, add it to the privacy statement and done.
Paypal requires a similar cookie and it's functional only. Possibly there's a do not track or IP anonymisation flag. If so I would enable it otherwise it should be fine to keep it.
But you should embed the script only on pages that require it. So not a global one if it's only needed on the "donate" page.

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
22:28
Pronouns
he/him

I agree, I rarely approve those cookie pop ups and never seem to have a problem paying for anything. Perhaps you could check with Stripe to see if they have definite legal advice concerning GDPR but I would think (but I’m not a lawyer) that because it is crucial to the function of the website that it is fine.

Rememberthis

Local time
03:13

I thank you for your reply, I am sorry for my English I don't speak well I'm French. It is an interesting point of view, I don't think on this angle, same I am not lawyer but it is one interesting way to try to get more information with a lawyer (if anyone has any lawyer friends around them for having one feedback about this it can be interesting. 'The javascript stripe payment' is third marketing party cookie (e-commerce). This cookie is secure but is not necessary and it shares information without the user consent. When I tell is not necessary cookie I mean the website can work without it.

I am not an expert in development. I don't understand how to find the location about few cookies and the right process to unload, I mean when people visit my website the script doesn't load without the user consent on the cookie banner.

I would appreciate any information that can help me in this situation.

Have a nice day,

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
22:28
Pronouns
he/him

What’s the cookie called that you’re concerned about? I’d be surprised if Stripe is doing any tracking of user data for marketing. I suspect it may be a security feature.

Last edited: