Bonmot from Melb OZ

Bonmot from Melb OZ

leafygreens

Local time
18:50

Thankyou for making a community space for helpful and friendly discussion about design in the ethereal world. That was typed with a wand flourish and a puff of unicorn fart, as a Spell For Good.
I am a humble autodidact like many, having transitioned from physical paint and pencil and paper to zeros and ones via several generalities. I'm kind of a wikignome type rather than a bold statement type, so will cautiously dabble and learn for a while here perhaps.
I've been making zero and one things for people for ages hoping that if I made a nice enough one that someone rich happened to see, they might give me a job. I think I have a lot to learn from the Hit the Ground Running Proactive Expertise Master Effective High Wattage Tom Cruise Grin people- that is really what I think, and I mean that most sincerely.

Last edited:

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Community Team
Local time
08:50

Welcome leafygreans!
Oh that glorious unicorn fart, that was missing all the way since the grand opening. Thank you very much for providing it! 🥰

Hit the Ground Running Proactive Expertise Master Effective High Wattage Grin people

This sounds like some new species that has only been recently discovered. Can you possibly share some insights, as I'm quite new to all of this? 😄

Rainbow unicorn wishes to you,
tom

leafygreens

Local time

A ubiquitous extant scary species. Just the adjectives are often in a different order, or there are others, more superlative. Gigawatt grins, greater mastery.

leafygreens

Local time

Welcome @leafygreens! Are you working on any projects at the moment? 😊
Not so relevant to here; being more used to film editing, just completed my first Aftereffects sequence in which we dive through images representing domains in the arts. It's for a documentary, for an academic. I do some graphic design for music; posters for concerts. Have just populated and am just guiding the owners to get live a site, my first. Not saying "built" because I used a template for that; have tweaked the html/css to my specs. I compile a responsive email newsletter for a club I belong to. I say "compile" (not in the code sense) because I haven't written it all from scratch, which would have been beyond my skill level, but rather found a beta site in which responsive blocks could be assembled. I took some of those blocks and tweak and build them to my specs.
My multimedia education originally was in html at the very beginning of css, and I'm still learning css. Just at the very edge of starting to try to tinker a little with code (subscribe to Quincy Larson who seems to offer ways in and supportive enthusiasm for beginners like me) because there's a thing I want to make (for someone's site) which doesn't exist and which I have no skills for yet: a kind of navigation menu that would be very cool. I am in awe of all you compadres who know web development, especially those who love animals :). I hope to find mentors and learn.

Last edited: