Best free uptime monitor?

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
08:00
Pronouns
he/him

What do you use for uptime monitoring? I've been using StatusCake for a while which has free 5-minute check intervals for 10 sites. Not a huge fan of their interface though tbh. Any recommendations? Would like one with a public status page (and to monitor here specifically). Must be able to tell the difference between a Cloudflare status page and being live!

sfcgeorge

Sonic the developer
Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
He/Him

I've used UptimeRobot for years and years. It looks kinda janky but it works, it's free for 50 monitors, and it can alert you on Twitter, Slack, SMS or email. They do have a public status page option too :) I've never felt the need for more.

kognise

Local time
04:00
Pronouns
He/him/his

I have to recommend Uptime Robot as well. Just gonna leave it at this, everyone else has said everything I would say already.

Ryan Glass

Local time

I'm biased since this is my indie project but check out: Downtime Monkey. We've got a more generous free plan than the other services and also better value pro plans.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
09:00
Pronouns
he/him

I'm biased since this is my indie project but check out: Downtime Monkey. We've got a more generous free plan than the other services and also better value pro plans.
You should add Telegram alerts. It's like SMS but free (no costs). Slack is a business app you have to install, email isn't urgent enough in most cases. We've switched to telegram for urgent incidents - most of us already had it, no one in the team/customer will see your private phone number.

Ryan Glass

Local time

You should add Telegram alerts. It's like SMS but free (no costs). Slack is a business app you have to install, email isn't urgent enough in most cases. We've switched to telegram for urgent incidents - most of us already had it, no one in the team/customer will see your private phone number.

Thanks for the advice - I'll add this to the feature request list. Next up is a webhooks API and after that it will be Telegram and MS Teams (aiming to provide for individuals and businesses).

Local time
04:00

UptimeRobot works good when it wants to, but it’s also very buggy. Sometimes my status page will show nothing but a loader, sometimes it’ll say I’m offline when I’m not.. messed up my statistics by saying I was offline for 20+ days when I wasn’t

Dominic

Local time

Is there some kind of an api, so that you can integrate (and style) into your own website? I have some kind of dashboard for all my sites in mind, which also shows title and description. I would like to integrate it in my own website.

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Community Team
Local time

I've been using Cachet at my previous employer. It's a self-hosted solution, like statuspage.io. It was hosted on an external service that had nothing to do with our infrastructure.

rajasajid

Local time
13:00

I use Uptime Robot and Pingdom tools to monitor my Websites uptimes.
Apart from this, WebHostingStuff also monitors Web Hosting and server Providers Uptime, if they have a profile there.