Basic camping packing list generator

ek1

Local time
22:16
Pronouns
She/her

Something I made recently because whenever we went camping we'd forget stuff....crucial stuff like toilet paper or a patch kit! Was mostly just for fun but I am proud of the background I made in illustrator and of what I did with the radio buttons ✌ There's some stuff I'd change and it has BUGS ON APPLE DEVICES and the css needs attention in the font-sizing and the colors but eh, it made me a better developer and we've already used it twice :D

Last edited:
Upvote 1

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
03:16
Pronouns
he/him

Super cool! 💚
Could you upload it to netlify/heroku? The only thing I found is that some buttons have no background. 🤔

ek1

Local time
Pronouns
She/her

Thanks!! :D I should! It started on codepen as a test so I never really thought about putting it anywhere but I think I will. And yes the less-important buttons don't have a bg. Taking design recommendations though!

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Thanks!! :D I should! It started on codepen as a test so I never really thought about putting it anywhere but I think I will. And yes the less-important buttons don't have a bg. Taking design recommendations though!
Okay, so some feedback :D

• the cursor doesn't switch to pointer over clickable elements
  • I would use any grey, beige or light blue for the less important buttons. but with the shadow but without bg it looks strange
  • The sticky add custom item is good - but too large

Dominic

Local time

Something I made recently because whenever we went camping we'd forget stuff....crucial stuff like toilet paper or a patch kit! Was mostly just for fun but I am proud of the background I made in illustrator and of what I did with the radio buttons ✌ There's some stuff I'd change and it has BUGS ON APPLE DEVICES and the css needs attention in the font-sizing and the colors but eh, it made me a better developer and we've already used it twice :D

The Ukulele is really important! :)

ek1

Local time
Pronouns
She/her

• the cursor doesn't switch to pointer over clickable elements
  • I would use any grey, beige or light blue for the less important buttons. but with the shadow but without bg it looks strange
  • The sticky add custom item is good - but too large

Neat, thanks! I agree especially about the buttons, coming back to look at this after a while it just looks weird.

The Ukulele is really important! :)
Aha you'll notice if you say you're biking, the ukulele won't show up - that's because on a recent bike tour I decided to bring my ukulele with me, picturing serenely noodling on the uke around the fire. That happened exactly once and was not worth strapping my ukulele in a garbage bag and carrying it across the country by bike! Do not recommend!