Any Simple CMS for existing website?

Any Simple CMS for existing website?

Logix

Local time
23:51

Hi, thanks for all the help in advance.

I make websites for small local business as a form of income while i am at college, but i would like my clients to easily be able to edit parts of there sites however i don't want to have to recreate the whole site nor spent forever converting sites. The sites are wrote in bootstrap 4 and i use Bootstrap Studio sometimes. I am just looking for simple CMS so my clients for example a local cafe can edit the menu without having to touch the code.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
00:51
Pronouns
he/him

I would recommend you to checkout some of the static page generators which you could combine with any headless CMS.
This way you can use the existing codebase and only add the placeholders (depending on the templating engine this could be easier or harder). But I think that this will be the easiest way.
If you want something great and powerful I can recommend you Statamic - Make better, easier to manage websites. Enjoy simplicity like the days of summer. which is powered by a fully functional Laravel. 🚀

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Hi, thanks for all the help in advance.

I make websites for small local business as a form of income while i am at college, but i would like my clients to easily be able to edit parts of there sites however i don't want to have to recreate the whole site nor spent forever converting sites. The sites are wrote in bootstrap 4 and i use Bootstrap Studio sometimes. I am just looking for simple CMS so my clients for example a local cafe can edit the menu without having to touch the code.

Any ideas? Thanks.

I've not used it myself, but Sitecake seems like it will be great for you: Simple CMS for static HTML/PHP websites

All you do is drop the PHP file in to your file system and you can edit your content in selected divs (with a certain class) via that.

Last edited:

Logix

Local time

I've not used it myself, but Sitecake seems like it will be great for you: Simple CMS for static HTML/PHP websites

All you do is drop the PHP file in to your file system and you can edit your content in selected divs (with a certain class) via that.

Thanks, Looks great however being in college money is short, any chance you know of a Open source / Free System that is similar?

Jpowersdev

Local time
18:51

Sanity.io is a great headless CMS. You define the schema in a set of JS files, and it spins up an admin interface for you.