Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
10:24
Pronouns
he/him

This looks really interesting!

24a2 is a simple game engine that lets you to build a game in a few hours. It has a very limited set of features which makes it easy to learn, and encourages you to solve problems creatively.

24a2 games are written in JavaScript (or TypeScript) and are played in a web browser, so you can easily share what you’ve created.

All 24a2 games feature a 24 by 24 grid of dots. You can set the color of each dot, and read the color of each dot back. 24a2 can also run a function you define when an arrow key is pressed, or when a dot is clicked on.

That’s about it! There are a few other features, which you can find out about in the tutorial and the API reference.

Using 24a2 means you don’t have to think about the visual style of your game, complicated physics or sound - you can just focus on actually building something.

Please see our website for more information, examples, and a tutorial

Excited to have a go with this. Might be a fun community challenge?

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
11:24
Pronouns
he/him

Might be a fun community challenge?
Challenge accepted! 🎮🕹️

I think that everyone will start with a snake clone on it!? 🤔😅
Tetris would also be easy, same for a larger 4-wins.

But also some jump'n'run or top-down games will be possible by getting creative and find a good endless scroller algorithm.

But for sure also candy-crush or minesweeper should be easy to do. 🙈

Will see when I find some time to play with it! ☺️

Sharkie

🦈
Gold Member
Local time
07:24
Pronouns
She/Her

That looks like so much fun, I'll have to sit down and play with it sometime! Could be... interesting... to see what I create. 🤣