AMP anyone?

AMP anyone?

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
13:35
Pronouns
he/him

A lot of large news pages removed AMP again because it's super hard to monetize them and a well done static page is even faster, which is the underlying SEO metric.
None of the companies I work with asked ever for an AMP site. Independent of their SEO affinity.

So for me it's a dead project and you will get much better results by using a real static page instead of this Javascript overload of an AMP site.

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
12:35
Pronouns
he/him

I’m anti-AMP from an ethics standpoint. I appreciate their stated mission (a faster less bulky web) but disagree with their implementation (favouritism and traffic theft from the Google monopoly!).

It’s just as possible to get an equally fast site without it. It is not magic!

Last edited:

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
13:35
Pronouns
he/him

I’m anti-AMP from an ethics standpoint. I appreciate their stated mission (a faster less bulky web) but disagree with their implementation (favouritism and traffic theft from the Google monopoly!).

It’s just as possible to get an equally fast site without it. It is not magic!

I'm against the JS based implementation which slows down the page. So a real static page is even faster and can get cached in a pretty good way. Using a service worker even allows to cache infinite and replace cache in background.