Now Live All Apple Arcade

AndrewDavidJ

Local time
10:44
Pronouns
He/Him

So, I launched this site the week Apple Arcade released as a way to aggregate all my Twitter ratings of each Apple Arcade game in one place. As the weeks went by, I started adding more features like sorting, pagination, developer/publisher info, game icons, and cleaner URLs.

Last week, I released full game pages including game descriptions and screenshots.

I hope to eventually post actual full reviews for the best/worst games as opposed to just Tweet-sized mini reviews and ratings.

Let me know what you think and how I could improve the site! And if you have ideas for features, feel free to share!

Last edited:
Upvote 2

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
15:44
Pronouns
he/him

This is cool! I have been on the fence with  Arcade it looks like a lot of fun but I already pay for (and hardly have the time for!) Game Pass on the Xbox.

It would be great if each game had a screenshot associated with it on the homepage. I think it would bring the site to life some more and give a better immediate overview of the games for people not familiar with them. Could be valuable for you to take it as a real example rather than their promo shots.

Last edited:

AndrewDavidJ

Local time
Pronouns
He/Him

This is cool! I have been on the fence with  Arcade it looks like a lot of fun but I already pay for (and hardly have the time for!) Game Pass on the Xbox.

Yeah, I understand. The difference here for me, as opposed to my PS Plus subscription, is that I can play them on the go, which is more convenient and accessible since I'm barely ever home to actually use my PS4.

It would be great if each game had a screenshot associated with it on the homepage. I think it would bring the site to life some more and give a better immediate overview of the games for people not familiar with them. Could be valuable for you to take it as a real example rather than their promo shots.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll think about the best way for me to implement that :)

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Community Team
Local time
16:44

Wow this looks nice, good job!

A few things that popped up (just my 2 cents):

• Back to top arrow stays at the initial position and not at the bottom right position while scrolling.
  • You could possibly use the games name as slug in the url instead of the database item id.
  • Clickable screenshots.
  • Videos of gameplay and trailers from youtube or vimeo or likewise.
  • Add custom user based rating, so you have your own rating and rating collected from your visitors.
  • Comment section maybe?
  • Link game titles to the detail page (the button is right below, yes, but I'm used to clicking on the title 😅 )
  • Games are not visible if adblocker is enabled (this is intentional, right?)
Have a great day!

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Agree with @tom . But I've adblocker enabled and I see all games!?

And I would like to add:

• the "All Apple Arcade" Logo should link to home page - same learned behavior like the game title link
  • the "Get on Apple Arcade" button should be in the head area
  • I would ad the "Get on Apple Arcade" button also to the overview page

AndrewDavidJ

Local time
Pronouns
He/Him

Thanks for the feedback so far!

• Back to top arrow stays at the initial position and not at the bottom right position while scrolling.
  • You could possibly use the games name as slug in the url instead of the database item id.
  • Clickable screenshots.
  • Videos of gameplay and trailers from youtube or vimeo or likewise.
  • Add custom user based rating, so you have your own rating and rating collected from your visitors.
  • Comment section maybe?
  • Link game titles to the detail page (the button is right below, yes, but I'm used to clicking on the title 😅 )
  • Games are not visible if adblocker is enabled (this is intentional, right?)

• Not sure what you mean about the back to top arrow.
  • Yeah, I suppose I could do that
  • Being able to full-view images is already on my roadmap :)
  • Videos also already on my roadmap
  • I was thinking of adding aggregated reviews and ratings (both from the App Store and from various review sites). Still thinking about it.
  • I'd like to avoid having comments.
  • Yeah, I can make the titles links
  • Not sure why. Maybe your Adblock thinks the games are ads? Not intentional.

• the "All Apple Arcade" Logo should link to home page - same learned behavior like the game title link
  • the "Get on Apple Arcade" button should be in the head area
  • I would ad the "Get on Apple Arcade" button also to the overview page

• Yeah, I'll make the logo a link. I just forgot to do that.
  • I'd like to leave the button at the bottom. I plan on adding other links there.
  • I specifically am not including it on the overview page because I want visitors to go to the game page on the site rather than on Apple's site first.

Last edited:

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Community Team
Local time

Not sure what you mean about the back to top arrow.

See the "to top" arrow right above the ad in the middle of the screen? It scrolls with the content and does not stay at the bottom right corner of the window. 😃
1571213261185.png

AndrewDavidJ

Local time
Pronouns
He/Him

See the "to top" arrow right above the ad in the middle of the screen? It scrolls with the content and does not stay at the bottom right corner of the window. 😃

Oh, that's odd. Haven't seen that happen before. I'll look into it, thanks!

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Community Team
Local time

You're welcome. Happens on Chrome and Firefox on macOS Mojave. Safari behaves like intended.

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Community Team
Local time

Yes, works fine now! Thanks 😊