A quiet, non violent game people can play together online

A quiet, non violent game people can play together online

fabulousrice

Local time
17:29

Living on a different continent than my mom, I enjoyed playing Animal Crossing on iOS and interacting with her in the game.
It's a relaxing, simple, quiet, colorful game with playful designs that people living far from each other can play and still have some interaction.
However, I'm getting a bit bored with it, and I wonder if anyone knows of a game in the same style that I could play with my mom.
Any suggestions?
Beside from this question, I'm also interested to know what video games you play with your elders in general.

ek1

Local time
21:29
Pronouns
She/her

Stardew Valley!!! I haven't done it personally but I'm 90% sure there's a multiplayer mode.
Minecraft in peaceful mode?
Also I don't know if they're multiplayer but Terraria, Yonder: Cloud Catcher Chronicles, Garden Paws, and Ghost of a Tale are all good and I could see an older woman really enjoying them.
Factorio, Civ V, and Sim City are also great and not technically violent or scary!

27leaves

Local time
01:29

Great question. As I'm in a long distance relationship, I recently also tried to find something similar. What I've found is words with friends (it's like scrabble) and draw something (which is the most fun right now).

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Stardew Valley!!! I haven't done it personally but I'm 90% sure there's a multiplayer mode.
Minecraft in peaceful mode?
Also I don't know if they're multiplayer but Terraria, Yonder: Cloud Catcher Chronicles, Garden Paws, and Ghost of a Tale are all good and I could see an older woman really enjoying them.
Factorio, Civ V, and Sim City are also great and not technically violent or scary!
Yes, you can enable/disable enemies via server settings. So Minecraft is one of the most powerful ones - including plugins and these new game "frameworks" like Tekkit.

Except of this truck simulator, Sims and I think that there was a multiplayer for cities skylines or one of these similar games.

fbnlsr

Local time

Best thing are boardgames in video game form. Try Ticket To Ride or Catan, they're really cool to play. I used to play Mahjong with my mum (a Chinese variant with home rules to make it like rummy). She also loves Triomino and Scrabble (she's never been into video games).

Also, if you're into chess, Lichess is awesome.

kilian

Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

If 3d is an option, why not try Minecraft creative mode? that has no monsters or goals, you can just explore and build things together.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

If 3d is an option, why not try Minecraft creative mode? that has no monsters or goals, you can just explore and build things together.
For a really long game experience I like Minecraft survival mode without monsters. It's only half survival but not only building stuff which could get boring after some time if you aren't a builder guy.^^
For me it depends a lot on my mood. A friend and I have created some cool things without creative mode on a normal server. It was just fun to collect thousands of dirt, wool and so on. We created a flying island with airships - and yes, also the "flying" part was only building a very tall pillar of dirt. 😂
PS: yes we had no hobbies during this time.^^

fabulousrice

Local time
17:29

Can't reply to all of you individually, but thank you so much for all the ideas! This is awesome and y'all are great! ⚡