A project to help developers make better apps!

marwan

Local time
19:30

Hey all 👋 I spent the past few months building HintPod - it's a platform that helps apps reach proof of concept much more efficiently. I'm a mobile app developer myself and I built this to use in my own apps before spinning it off into its own service.

I'm intentionally being vague in the description here because I want to know if the landing page does a good job describing what HintPod actually does or not. And as a thank you, if you provide me with any feedback on either the landing page or the service I'm happy to give you 50% off for life!

Looking forward to hearing from you ☕

Moderator Update (Adding Link to OP):

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Michael

😎
Local time

I think you've got a good idea here, and the landing page is pretty good too.

Perhaps one thing to look at is the inclusion of a video demo or something outlining how it can work from both mobile and web app perspectives. Currently it is a bit limited in being fully clear what the user experience is like.

I'm sure the idea will prove to increase engagement in people's applications though 👍

marwan

Local time

Thanks! Yeah that makes sense. I've got some feedback about adding a short GIF/video that shows how everything works. Would you suggest I include that at the top of the page above the fold or should it be a bit further down?

Michael

😎
Local time

Thanks! Yeah that makes sense. I've got some feedback about adding a short GIF/video that shows how everything works. Would you suggest I include that at the top of the page above the fold or should it be a bit further down?

I think it's a great opportunity for you to take a look into A/B testing that as an option & see which gives you best results. :)

kognise

Local time
14:30
Pronouns
He/him/his

Looks like an awesome service! I'm not sure how it "helps apps reach proof of concept much more efficiently" though... could you clarify? My impression from the landing page is that it makes it easier to get feedback from users of your app.

About the landing page, I think in general it could be nicer in these ways:

• Shrink the max width a lot so elements don't extend to the far edges of the page. This will make it vastly easier to read the content quickly.
  • Make the styles more uniform. Specifically, the material design get started form clashes with the kind of plain get started button, and the logo at the top doesn't really fit with anything else. The iPhone mockups and the Android + Apple sitting on a bench graphic also stand out in a not-so-good way. A great place to start is just building up a visual style guide from the elements you like most and modeling everything after that. This will increase user trust among other things.
  • Make the headings bold, this will bring more user attention to them and help them stand out.
  • In the below list, you have bullet points next to the checkmark emoji. This looks kind of weird, instead you should consider using one checkmark icon bullet point.
  • The navigation bar at the top has super small text that's kind of hard to click on and not very visible. Consider making that bigger. You could also give the login button a background or outline to make it stand out more.
  • Add more feedback to clickable things. This means maybe adding an underline when hovering on links in the navbar and some other sort of hover and pressed down state on buttons.
  • Also consider switching from emojis to some sort of graphic, or even SVG emojis. This will make your page more uniform across platforms and look cleaner.
  • On the pricing page, consider adding some sort of comparison table. It would be easier to scan than reading a paragraph of text.
These apply for all your other pages as well, and the login/signup pages could probably be spiced up a lot more. Overall it seems like a great service! It's just not marketed to the full potential.

Click here for some awesome design tips by this guy Steve Schoger on Twitter, they can help with basically everything ever.

Last edited:

marwan

Local time

Oh wow thank you so much @kognise! I really appreciate the effort you put into this reply. I'm adding all these as a checklist for me to do. Also the design tips you linked to seem great.

I agree it's not marketed to its full potential. Both my cofounder and I are developers so we're learning marketing as we go from communities and kind people such as yourself.

Once again, I really really appreciate it!

adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

This sounds like an awesome service! Great job. I would love this in the apps that I use. I was going to type up some design feedback but @kognise nailed it.

Last edited: