A Google Drive Story

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
12:01
Pronouns
he/him

That is slow! I have 2TB in an iCloud storage. I have tried downloading it but iCloud servers are sooooooooooo slow. I think CMD+A -> Delete is the answer too. 😅

Dominic

Local time
13:01

That is slow! I have 2TB in an iCloud storage. I have tried downloading it but iCloud servers are sooooooooooo slow. I think CMD+A -> Delete is the answer too. 😅

I switched to Borgbase for backing up my laptop. It uses Borg and i run borgomatic every half an hour. I use it since months and love it. It uses deduplication and compression, so its really fast and space efficient. And you can code everything. You don't have a web interface to your data, but I don't need that. Its just a backup. I didn't have to restore any data yet, so I can't say if that works fine 🤣

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

So I wanted to delete my Google Drive Bin (50 giga) ... two days later there are still 13 giga in it 🤣
Why not do it via web-UI? 🤔
But even local sync client should be faster. I'm on the way to 10TB in gDrive and everything works so super smooth with File Stream client. 🚀

Dominic

Local time

Why not do it via web-UI? 🤔
But even local sync client should be faster. I'm on the way to 10TB in gDrive and everything works so super smooth with File Stream client. 🚀
I tried it via Web-UI and API