nick

Gold Member
Local time
00:16
Pronouns
he/him

Great idea! Definitely the way the world needs to go for many jobs. Love it. 😁

Thanks!

Yeah I believe many jobs can be done in less time with the same productivity leading to healthier and happier employees.

Daniel

Local time
07:16

Love the design of the site, If only I could land a 30 h per week remote job haha

nick

Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Love the design of the site, If only I could land a 30 h per week remote job haha

You can!

I’m working on filling out the job board with more opportunities and many are remote. I’ve had several people reach out to me to say they’ve landed a job through the site.

I send out a weekly email newsletter that you can sign up for to stay informed if you want.

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Community Team
Local time
08:16

A special indicator to show remote jobs and a filter would be a nice addition. I like the overall design of the website, very good job 😊

Last edited:

nick

Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

A special indicator to show remote jobs and a filter would be a nice addition. I like the overall design of the website, very good job 😊

Thanks!

That's a great idea, thanks for that. I'll work that in as soon as I can.

If anyone else has any suggestions or feature requests, I'm all ears!

Daniel

Local time

Hey everyone,

30 Hour Jobs is a job board and newsletter for flexible jobs, companies that work 4 days per week, and the like.

Come check it out and please let me know what you think!

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I'm working on a new project where I want a simple, clean and responsive { insert_sport } competition 'directory'.

Everything about your project is a perfect example! What stack did you use?

nick

Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I'm working on a new project where I want a simple, clean and responsive { insert_sport } competition 'directory'.

Everything about your project is a perfect example! What stack did you use?

Cool! For this, I used Django with a bit of Vue.js for interactive page functionality and Tailwind .CSS for the styles

I'm really happy with how the stack worked out.

Daniel

Local time

Cool! For this, I used Django with a bit of Vue.js for interactive page functionality and Tailwind .CSS for the styles

I'm really happy with how the stack worked out.

I used the wiki.js project at work and it definitely has that Vue vibe man!
Thanks for the response :)

nick

Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Update: I’ve added weekly digest email automation! This should ensure that I get that weekly email out more regularly.

I used the Mailjet API for this. I definitely recommend it!

nick

Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Christmas update:

I've just finished migrating the 30 Hour Jobs blog over to the main site. It was previously running on a separate subdomain as a Ghost site.

I'm still using Ghost as a headless CMS to power the content but I'm pulling in the content from the API to render the pages manually. My goal is to improve SEO but also gain more control over the look and feel of the blog and also integrate it into the site more closely.

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Awesome work, Nick! Great choice. How are you finding Ghost as a headless platform? I've been intrigued by Ghost for a while but just not my usual stack or hosting environment.

Last edited:

nick

Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

I use Ghost as a headless content platform for a couple sites. I like it. The writing experience is good and it has everything I need.

The only caveat is that you must use their taxonomy. You can’t build anything you like, it must be used to power a publication. So a blog or news site with articles, pages (evergreen content or landing pages), authors, and tags.

If you stick to those entities, then it’s fantastic!

nick

Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Update:

30 Hour Jobs now has a payment system up and running! I used Stripe for this which was a great experience to use as always - it evens supports new cards with "3D Auth"!

Use coupon code WEBWIDE to post a job for just $39 USD for 30 days 😉

Last edited: