🧪 23 free online testing tools for your website

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
11:12
Pronouns
he/him

I've been collecting all my favourite free website testing tools here! Recently updated to organise and include a few more recommendations. There's essentially an entire front-end and hosting testing suite in there now. 😄

Last edited:

kilian

Gold Member
Local time
12:12
Pronouns
he/him

Great list. It's worth noting that web.dev and Google Pagespeed are essentially the same (remote lighthouse), and on web.dev you can click through to the detailed report that you get in Google Pagespeed.

Interestingly, some of the tools you mention are free but limited (the low vision tester lacks a bunch of different situations) or wrong (the meta tags site is pretty outdated and doesn't generate correct data), so use them with care.

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
11:12
Pronouns
he/him

Great list. It's worth noting that web.dev and Google Pagespeed are essentially the same (remote lighthouse), and on web.dev you can click through to the detailed report that you get in Google Pagespeed.

Interestingly, some of the tools you mention are free but limited (the low vision tester lacks a bunch of different situations) or wrong (the meta tags site is pretty outdated and doesn't generate correct data), so use them with care.

Great spot Kilian! Yeah the low vision tester is quite limited but I couldn't find a better free one. I know of course that Polypane does an amazing job of this. 😉

I did not realise that about the meta tags generator. I'll find a replacement for that, thanks again!

kilian

Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

re: the meta tags generator, I plan on making one freely available based on the work I've done in Polypane, since that's pixel perfect for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Slack!

social media comparison.png

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

@Adam general feedback: for me it's irritating that the image is always above the headline. At first I always checked the wrong image. 🤔