15min break every hour

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
19:41
Pronouns
he/him

Has anyone ever done this 15min break every hour while playing videogames? 🤔
I've just seen this screen and know that I won't do a break for the next 4hours. 😂

leafygreens

Local time
05:41

I have never played a videogame. Two exceptions I'm not sure count; win95 or 98 Flight Sim on my dad's machine maybe once or twice for 10 mins, and a bridge builder that was for an earlier version of windows but that i could get to run on XP if I didn't mind its forcing the screen resolution to revert to probably 640x480. It looked like this

but don't remember it having anything as fancy as water. The sound effects were great; creaks and rusty squeaks and screams as the trains plunged into the ravines- which naturally was an incredibly rare thing to happen given my engineering genius.

Found some impressive images from a more advanced bridge-building game....

Also this:

"LIKE A BOSS". Brilliant.
Mods I will understand if you must delete this.

kgx

Local time
18:41

I've been thinking about writing something similar to Workrave for the PS4. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to even research how to get a PS4 SDK. During my teenage years, I was probably like every other typical gamer - gaming ridiculous consecutive hours daily (good times though).

These days while working, I step away from my desk for 5 minutes every 1 hour. I game very little now, but I get twitchy after sitting down for 2 hours or so :\

nshep

Local time
19:41

I just remembered, I recently started playing some Anno 1404 and it is the only game I have ever played that reminds you to take a break. It loudly announces when you have been playing continuously for two hours so you might remember to do something else for a while. Quite unique.